Hurt Ankle- "Great" Friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurt Ankle- "Great" Friends

I finally finished the semester and to start it off, was going to join some of my friends for a paddle out of the surf. I was looking forward to this trip and prepared everything. Two days ago, I was doing some training for tennis and I sprained my ankle. It hurt like a mofo and it prompted a visit to the doctors. In order for me to be ready for a tournament series upcoming in Dallas and Austin, I have to take it pretty light for the next 2 weeks.

Today my 2 friends went out and reported almost zero wind, glass-like bays and an easy paddle out of the surf. Not sure how far they went but using live mullet that they caught as well as a variety of cut baits, they landed 13 slot reds and a 4 foot shark. Every single time they hooked up, they called me and let me listen to their drags scream. I hate them. :P

Hope everyone who went out today did well. I'll be hobbling around tomorrow at the bug boil.
    Resident Ninja

Doc said "pretty light". That is open to interpretation. Unless you paddle with your toes, I'd say sitting your butt in a kayak and paddling around fishing is "pretty light"!

Comment

But I still have to load and unload the kayaks from my car. Unless I have somebody do that for me, I wouldn't mind just paddling around
      Resident Ninja

Comment

Working...
      X