South End Sabine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South End Sabine

Unloaded the yak at 6 a.m. immediately noticing tons of bait all a long the shorelines. Made my way down throwing at nervous bait with nothing to show for the first 15-20 minutes. Decided to work a small drain coming out of a shallow lake (even though the tide was in coming) and caught some dink trout.
    Moving down to spot number 2 my buddy hooks into a nice 22" trout on topwater in front of another drain. He heads back into a shallow area known for tailing reds. I put the stake out stick down and work area very carefully, about ten minutes goes buy without a bite or blow up. Then it turned on, I must have gotten close to 75 blow ups with only a few hooks up and one keeper landed. Finally I switch to a Electric Chicken Mirrodine XL and immediately start getting good bite to hook up ratio. Caught three good keeps but I did lose 2-3 nice trout at the yak.
    My buddy comes out with nothing on the stringer, did say he caught a red just shy of the slot. We head back the way we come waiting for tide to change and grab something to eat. I head back down to the original drain I worked earlier while my buddy works a reef for a while. I start hooking trout left and right on the Mirrodine XL, before my buddy comes to meet me I had put 5 keeps on the stringer and give him the smaller version of the lure I was using to get him on some fish. Caught one more keep then I pulled in a dink and decided to just grab him to unhook him and got a treble deep in the mat of my thumb! No good!
    Buddy had to do on the water surgery with his diving knife and cut the hook out, by the time we get it out and start casting again they were gone.
    All in all a good day on the water that was supposed to be bad from what the "Fish Feeding Activity" meter said lol! 9 trout and 1 redClick image for larger version

Name:	imagejpeg953.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	569225

Very nice! Our friends over a Triangle Tail Chasers are holding a tournament over there this weekend if your in the area you should stop by!
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Sweet! Always wanted to do some kayak fishing.. not so much getting hooked in the finger though. Good report!

Comment

Working...
      X