3/16-3/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3/16-3/17

Fishing was slow to say the least. I didn't even bother to fish in the mornings because of the cooler temps and the super low tides that were happening in the morning.

I found several redfish in this area...just one problem though...they were all too small. There were also several small, chip sized flounder in the coves i fished as well.

3/16: I left my camera at the beach house, so i wasn't able to take a pic. Oh well, i only strung one red anyway. Caught fish in the back of coves with the high tide, next to structure, over mud flats. Fish were hitting bright colored plastics retrieved at a moderate pace.

3/17: I've never seen some many boats fishing in one cove in all my life. I guess it was because of spring break. Found a lot of small reds hanging next to marsh drains, along with more small flounder. I lost a flounder that would have gone 5+ pounds, and would have been my biggest flounder yet. I only picked up one keeper red on a bright colored plastic.

A few shots from 3/17....

"If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Nice pics!

Comment

You look to be near Sportsman in that photo is that somewhat accurate? Or am I way off and that's Point West area
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Nice pictures. The weather was great huh?

Comment

Hey I know where thats at!!!!!! Nice pics again. Thanks for the report.

AQUA PIMP
          AQUA PIMP......
          "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

WEA...keep guessing

Milk...the weather was awesome. You can't get it much better during the spring. The only thing that wasn't good was that the tide was super low in the mornings, so the fishing was only decent in the afternoons.

AP...na, you've probably never been there. haha
            "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

I know where its at an GHS don't pay me enough to keep my mouth shut! nice work trav and how did the yak perform for you...i told you it was fun
              Don't follow my boat......I don't catch fish......

Comment

I know those homes I've got to be warm
                We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

I know exactly where that is at! Now instead of giving a keg to GHS for his spots, he'll have to give us one to keep quiet!

Comment

cool pictures GHSmacker. Thanks for the report.
                    "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

haha

Hell guys, it's no secret. I'll give you a hint...it's east of SLP.

Comment

And west of the Galveston causeway

AQUA PIMP
                        AQUA PIMP......
                        "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

and north of the surf!
                          Don't follow my boat......I don't catch fish......

Comment

Working...
                          X