3/18-3/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3/18-3/19

I had to get away from the crowds in west bay, so i decided to fish west of SLP.

3/18: I made a long paddle, but it paid off. I found a decent sized school of redfish hanging at the mouth of a gut that emptied onto a point. The fish were hanging in the dirty water of a color change, ambushing baitfish as they ran up and down the gut. I ended up with a limit of reds to 25" and a kicker, 18", flounder. All the fish were caught on a gold spoon fished very slowly.

3/19: I went back to the spot where i found the group of reds the day before, and they were still there. The fish were very picky today and were hitting the spoon like a small, trash fish. If you weren't on your A game and didn't set the hook right when you felt a small tap, you were going to miss the fish. I caught another limit of reds to 24". It was a good way to end the trip.

"If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Hell yeah! Nice catch and post with pics. Crazy how light colored the reds are lately. What exactly causes that?

Comment

Nice catch!! Man I missed out being sick all last week!!
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Nice! You tore those fish up. Thanks for including the details on where you found them.

Comment

very nice pics! thanks for the report.

AQUA PIMP
          AQUA PIMP......
          "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Nice job....Thanks for the report!
            sigpic
            Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Nice fish Travis. If you ever want some company over there I'm game to do some kayaking. I just need to put my new rudder on my kayak and I'll be good to go.

Comment

Working...
              X