1st trip out since IKE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st trip out since IKE!

Well, I just bought a new truck so I don't have a problem towing the boat to Galveston now. We put in at the yacht basin on Wednesday to a cloud of fog, finally cleared the fog and hit the throttle... only to get shut down by the coast gaurd reminding us to have our running lights on and an intermediate noise maker... I never heard their noise maker.. Told them thanks and again hammered down on the throttle. 1st stop at the short rigs, fish were Everywhere!! Sheepshead and Black Drum mostly on top... no bites anywhere! Same situation on out to the candy canes... so we decideds to head it to the house.. I forgot to reset my GPS so I could figure gallon burn, so I reset it befor heading back in... got back to the dock.. after a GW stopped us on the way in.. my lucky day. get stopped twice and the officers left smiling. Anyways it was 26 miles from the rig to the yacht basin so I figured we did a total of 50 to 60 miles... Maybe I was wrong... we only burned 28 gallons of fuel! Anyway no fish, but a great day on the water no doubt!

Nice Tiny glad she's running good! I've never heard of the intermintent noise maker... Maybe just due to the fog you have to sound your horn or something every 5 seconds... Perfect job for a junior angler

I still need to get mine out and stretch the legs...
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Thanks for the report.

Man...i haven't been offshore since my senior year of high school. I need to fix that.
      "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Nice job Tine......I have never been offshore! I will go one day.
        sigpic
        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Try Mitchell's on the next short trip, there's a few rigs within a mile of it and it's in state waters. Sounds like the boat ran pretty good.
          I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Glad you got out for a little run. We were supposed to do an overnighter Wednesday into Thursday, but that got cancelled....forever now!
            Don't be a Nancy!
            If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Ohh yea... on the way back in I hammered down on the throttle and trimmed up as high as I could.... 5800 rpms - 38 knots so... 45.6 mph! Not bad for a single 225 on a 24' hog!

Comment

Not bad at all Tiny!!
                We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Thanks for the report Tiny. I am still waiting on repairs on the 23' Robalo, so all I can do is read reports for now.
                  "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Working...
                  X