Surf Monday Morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surf Monday Morning

I hit the surf this morning at 6:45 an hour later than I intended. I parked at beach access 9 and walked straight into the water just to the left of some concrete piers in the water that used to go to (I do not know). Fished with live shrimp under a popping cork and hooked up on the first cast. Caught 5 trout 20 to 24, 1 slot red, 4 smacks. Lost 3 trout while trying to wrap my hand around them. One was a personal best by far I was so mad at myself. Lost 1 red on my second hook up because I forgot to check my drag as soon as I thought "oh no loosen the drag" he popped the line. Smacks cut my line 5 times. My friend has never been wading and caught 5 trout and a couple of smacks. He lost 4 trout trying to grab them. Water clarity was not great (murky) at waste deep I could not see my knees. The bite was aggressive a lot of the strikes where right as or after the popper hit the water. I bet top waters would have been smoking this morning. It was over by 8 or 9. I really believe if we had been in the water at 5:30 like we planned we both would have had a limit.

We messed up something on his phone so we only have pictures of the first few we threw on the table to clean. When we figure it out I will post the rest. The biggest trout is the biggest one I caught. I am a novice and he is a 1st timer so let the jokes about losing so many fish trying to grab them fly we deserve them Oh yeah I threw a silver spoon for a little when things slowed and caught 3 smacks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	trout.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	569256
    Attached Files
    It is better to beg forgivness than to ask permission.

good work
    MANVEL MOB

Comment

thanks for the report, sounds like it was a fun day!
      You never know what the tide might bring

Comment

It can be tricky grabbing em! Thanks for the report.
        Scott
        "All fishermen are liars except you and me and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you!"

Comment

Working...
        X