Beach access #9 this morning.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beach access #9 this morning.

I hit the surf this morning at 6:45 an hour later than I intended. I parked at beach access 9 and walked straight into the water just to the left of some concrete piers in the water that used to go to (I do not know). Fished with live shrimp under a popping cork and hooked up on the first cast. Caught 5 trout 20 to 24, 1 slot red, 4 smacks. Lost 3 trout while trying to wrap my hand around them. One was a personal best by far I was so mad at myself. Lost 1 red on my second hook up because I forgot to check my drag as soon as I thought "oh no loosen the drag" he popped the line. Smacks cut my line 5 times. My friend has never been wading and caught 5 trout and a couple of smacks. He lost 4 trout trying to grab them. Water clarity was not great (murky) at waste deep I could not see my knees. The bite was aggressive a lot of the strikes where right as or after the popper hit the water. I bet top waters would have been smoking this morning. It was over by 8 or 9. I really believe if we had been in the water at 5:30 like we planned we both would have had a limit.

We messed up something on his phone so we only have pictures of the first few we threw on the table to clean. When we figure it out I will post the rest. The biggest trout is the biggest one I caught. I am a novice and he is a 1st timer so let the jokes about losing so many fish trying to grab them fly we deserve them Oh yeah I threw a silver spoon for a little when things slowed and caught 3 smacks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	trout.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	569257
    It is better to beg forgivness than to ask permission.

Nice report and nice job getting on them
    "I love the smell of napalm and watermelon slicks in the mornin'...."

Comment

Way to getcha some! Very impressive for a first outing. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the pix.
      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Thanks for the advice Curmudgen.
        It is better to beg forgivness than to ask permission.

Comment

awesome!
          MANVEL MOB

Comment

thanks for the report, sounds like it was a fun day!
            You never know what the tide might bring

Comment

way to go - I lost a few this weekend also.

Comment

Grear report......comgrats
                sigpic
                Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

WTG! nice catching
                  Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Nice going and thanks for the report.
                    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Very nice... We r not 2 cruel so no net jokes lol
                      Wtg!!! And welcome to FWE
                      Captain Glenn Stevens
                      Coastal Guide Service
                      www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

Way to go! You are making me wish I hadn't sprung for those 3 extra hours of sleep this morning

Comment

I'm new to the area and have no idea where stuff is. Where is that beach access road #9 at?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Bobcat_Fisherman View Post
                            I'm new to the area and have no idea where stuff is. Where is that beach access road #9 at?

Thanks
                            Take 61st street to the seawall and turn right. Keep driving past the end of the seawall and you'll start seeing signs for the beach access roads. When you see number 9 take a left. Stop when you hit water. Fish.
                            Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Thanks Ibtsoom, I'll have to give it a try sometime.

Comment

Working...
                              X