Looking for a Kayak Sensei for West Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a Kayak Sensei for West Bay

I'm still learning this whole Kayak Fishing thing. I've been out 3 times in West Bay (8 mile, Jamaica Beach (Bay Side/Caranchua Cove), and Dana's Cove (from Watermans). I've spent more time paddling than fishing, although that may be because my Kitchen Pass was for days w/ 20+ MPH winds. I'm looking for someone to show me the ropes of West Bay, either on live or arties. I'd be willing to pony up for the bait and/or beer. And given the tides and moon, I'm hopefully going saturday morning.

You had me at Beer.

I am not sure when my next trrip will be, but you seem like you know what to do. Go when you can and work the area. I use arti's, but bait was the ticket the last outing as all I got was one trout. Live shrimp was the ticket.

I would recomend working the GEO tubes out in the bay systems. The State Park has some good ones to work. Google Maps will show you where a bunch of the tubes are in west bay. Fish them. Look me up next time you go out. If I am headed that way the same time, we can go fishing!

Comment

Heck , it's like wading . Look for fish signs and area"s that look promising like points , drop offs , grasslines , guts , geotube cuts , etc. Slow down and drift and cast more until you find fish .
      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
      X