East 5/17 topwater bite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• East 5/17 topwater bite

Ran to East with Jeremy and his Dad this am. Didn't see any other boats out when we jumped in. Started about 1/2 mile from a drain so we could end our wade at the drain. About 100 yds from the drain a whaler with 4 guys (guide) cut our wade off and parked in the middle of the drain. That kinda pissed us off since we didn't see any other boats around. We went back to the boat and left spot 1 with 3 trout and a red at 9:00am.
    We worked our way down the shoreline and jumped out at a couple of spots with a lot of bait but nothing would feed.
    We ran back to a drain that had lots of bait right after the outgoing started and just in time for the major. Jeremy had the hot hand and almost finished his limit before we had to run back. I couldn't get hold of any of the trout that I got to me (I guess I could have used my net, but was too lazy) and we both lost and missed a bunch of fish.
    We ended the day with 13 trout and 1 red.
    That red made a great dinner tonight on the grill!
    I hope to have some good reports from Matty next week. Gonna be down there Wed-Sat.
    Great job today Jeremy!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2235.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	3.23 MB
ID:	569273Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2233.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	4.01 MB
ID:	569272
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Great report, Hammer.
    I know guides are doing it for a living, but geez! Cutting off your drift is impolite at best!
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Thanks for the report. It's a shame, it seems to be happening more and more often.
      You never know what the tide might bring

Comment

Good job out there fellas!
        Scott
        "All fishermen are liars except you and me and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you!"

Comment

Nice stringer of fish!!!
          Today is a new day!!

Comment

Nice catching,congrats
            Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Great going guys! I say next time leap-frog the whaler!
              TDFT Certified Weighmaster

Comment

Good report Chip. Nice going on the limit Jeremy.

Comment

Originally posted by FishinAddiction View Post
                  Great going guys! I say next time leap-frog the whaler!
                  We thought about it. The problem is that we wanted to end up at the drain and fish it but they anchored in the middle of it and were fishing inside it.

Comment

Hamma Time
                    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Just for the record my boat has been on the trailer
                      For 2 weeks! He probably thought you were a piling chip!! Lol
                      Nice job to you and Jeremy
                      Captain Glenn Stevens
                      Coastal Guide Service
                      www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

Interesting....we were in east bay yesterday morning, too. Smoked the specs, but they wouldn't TOUCH a topwater. Parked the boat (not a whaler) and never waded more than 100 yards from the boat all morning. We were getting strikes at least every 3rd cast, but they wanted plastics. I did catch a few on a silver spoon and my buddies caught a few on mirrolures & rattletraps, but the best bite, by far, was on plastics. I guess we should've tried more/other tops, because the ones we tried produced zero blowups.

Comment

Good Job guys, I remember the days when I could go fish. Just got to get my old arse a moving and go..!

Thanks for making me invious..

wd

Comment

Thanks for the reort.....and nice going !!
                            GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
                            X