Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Bert, where can I get a good gig. Looking for something to use from a boat so needs to be longer than those Academy things. Do you use ones with barbs?
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

I'm not 2112 but I got some from these guys

Flounder gigs for sale, lights for flounder gigging, no UGLY all thead here, Barbed gigs are the BEST, LED lights, flounder gig hand made from stainless steel rod, Flounder gig, gigging, Matagorda Texas flounder gigging, how to gig flounder, flounder gigging trips, gig flounder, gigging flounder in Texas, flounder boat, honda engine, honda air-drive, night flounder gigging charters, Matagorda Bay, Flounder gigging charters, how to gig flounder

Comment

Serious heads-up about boat gigs.
      Aluminum is good but Bamboo is far superior. Call Krestas Marine in Edna to see if the have any left.
      I was told I bought there last 2 bamboo gigs and they didn't know if they're old man was going to make any more.
      If you cannot find bamboo gigs then the best aluminums I think are made by a company called Sea Striker.

Aluminum is strong and light but even aluminum gets heavy after working with one all night. Also, aluminum does not float and they do not bend. Aluminum is slippery and you will drop one eventually and if its in murky water...good luck

Bamboo is extremly light, floats and is capable of bending far and springing back pefectly straight. Because of the wood surface and the rings along the length of the pole they are very grippy. Nothing is better than a bamboo pole for gigging. You just need to straight up trust me on this.

A good 9 foot 3 pronged barbed Sea Striker is going to run you around $70 without shipping. A bamboo will cost around $60.
      Let me please know if you find a place that sells bamboo gigs. I am very happy with mine and would like to get some back-ups.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
      Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

Get to be back.

Let's make some noise this season on the forum. Let's show them how it's done.

Comment

RedOne = Sean D. in Dallas

Comment

Sean the gigging master has joined the forum!
            It's about time and welcome aboard old friend.
            Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

Welcome! I think Bert and I keep this forum afloat.

Comment

Great to be back. I have missed Texas and the people of Texas. Washington State sucks.

Milkjug, I would like to meet you some day, maybe all three of use could go fishing, I mean giggin some flounder sometime this year.

Bert, is the best giggin partner a person could have. Pray for calm winds.

Comment

go to a welder and have him buikld u a two or thee prong gig and then mount it to a clostet rod
                  10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Coe you are more than welcome to use my stainless boat gig until you come across something senseable.
                    Give me a call for details.

Comment

Working...
                    X