i think i need a fuel pump on my 90 evinrude 200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i think i need a fuel pump on my 90 evinrude 200

i think i need a fuel pump on my 1990 evinrude 200. fuel free flows through the pump when i squeeze fuel bulb but cranking it only spits a drop per second. is that normal ? i just got done replacing reed valve gaskets because one had a bad blow out. Ive already gone over the basics how ever i did put on a different set of carbs and it appears that only the three lower have fuel. but i can get fuel to uppers when i take out bowl plugs and squeeze fuel bulb. and i do have an extra fuel pump but it has the oil injector on it and the current one doesnt can it be bypassed to work with out oil injection? thanks for any help Eric

Aren't they supposed to be synced? I know you can bypass oil injection-on my old 'Rude, ya flipped the red switch on top of the motor as I recall, but I only had 2 carbs (90 H.P.).
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

the throttle bodies are what are supposed to be synced but i used the same ones and did not mess with adjustment

Comment

get the rebuild kit from dockside or one of the internet sites which are cheaper.
        I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

they have been rebuilt

Comment

Is the vro pump "clicking" about every 1-2 seconds?

Comment

yes found fuel pump working just going to save some money and take too shop at wits end with it thank everyone for your help ill post what the issue is cant keep at house to work on (dang home owners association)

Comment

Sound Like the Vacuum Sensor or Pulse Valve on Block.
                Bryan Evans

Boat Werx of Texas
                (AKA Evans Marine Services)
                4340 19th St.
                Bacliff, Texas 77518
                http://evansmarine.net
                http://boatwerxtx.com
                main@boatwerxtx.com
                281-559-BOAT (2628)

Comment

Working...
                X