Bayou Vista ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bayou Vista ??

How has the fishing been? Going to fish tonight with a couple of friends from our Flatstalkers and kayaks.

let us know how it goes. whats the name of the boat in your profile pic?

Comment

Yeah I have $400 on that + food & bait for a long range trip on that thing. I dive (master diver), I spear & can fish, getting 100 ton license too, oh I don't get sick either lol
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Well only saw a few the bait is ultra thick though as many menhaden as you could handle. I only caught one undersized trout saw a few more just a little spooky. Didn't stay out as long as I wanted to but I had two other people with me and we launched from my in-laws house. Probably hit it up again tonight.

Comment

Best time is LATE

Comment

Sorry as a reply about the boat. We sold that boat, BOOOO. It just wasn't working out financially. Example: West end angler said he would put in 400$ on fuel etc... It holds 3500 gal. you do the math. When we would run a tourney you were looking at around 50K in expenses for a weekend, between fuel 12-15K, entry fees uaually go across the board for 20K side pots etc... food, crew, now you see how far 400$ will go. It sucks but now I will just take my share and buy a Contender 30'. Boats like that 68 in the profile are made for people with more money than sense.

Comment

I know what you re talking about. I maintain a '58 Viking. Tuna trips are pricey.
              I've been doing the lights at Sea Isle on and off over the past couple weeks. Some nights the specks are there, some nights sandies. They ve been hitting lively shrimp pretty good and also these paddle tail swim baits. I want to catch some reds. Should i try cut mullet or live mullet on bottom? Better luck up at bayou vista

Comment

A lot of reds in Bayou Vista. As WEA said the later the better. Also my motto. I usually ask people that go with me, do you have any thing to do tomorrow. Most peter out around 11-12 but more fishfor me but a s I said We take off from my in-laws so I usually need to go back with them. By the time I make that paddle back I usually just stay ashore, rather than go back after they leave.

Comment

We should have a night tourney weigh in at 7am.

Comment

I'm in, 6-pack entry fee!

Comment

That sounds good.... Tiki VS. BV Who's in?

Comment

Maybe we should see if WEA wants to sponsor some sort of event not a big one. Raise funds for a charity that actually needs honest to goodness help. Who knows I like doing things for less fortunate, and needy children. Hell I guess adults too..Anyway kick it around maybe WEA will check this thread and like the idea..... T-shirts and all why the heck not we could start a new annual event and see how much it grows, this is a relatively new site and some 2nd annual events going strong that have been hosted by WEA. Battle of the Bridges I can see it now

Comment

This I like, stipulate that a resident in BV or Tiki must be on the boat?

Comment

Yea the more Ithink about it boats would suck because of room and interruption maybe a kayak type of event or dock fishing either side.

Comment

Some sort of back to school type deal family event Kids div. adult div who knows brainstorm. Who knows maybe it could really cool. No matter how much $ we make less cost of t's and what ever else need be Im sure ANY $ for charity would be more than they had before the event.

Comment

Working...
                              X