468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to the area. Where to go Sunday or Monday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the area. Where to go Sunday or Monday?

I wanna either fish the surf or take my kayaks out for a while Sunday or Monday. Any beach spots to try would be appreciated. Please be detailed on the location (Some point of reference I can google map. I'm new here).

Also, what gut have ya'll been catching most of the fish in?

you will probably want to fish the south shoreline in the bay so you can catch a break from the wind.

Comment

I agree with RSN.

Unless you just want to surf fish....
      San Louis pass will be a circus this weekend & dangerous with the rip and waves.
      Surfside, between access rd 5 & 6, is where I normally go. It should be the least crowded local beach.
      Crystal beach, you would prolly end up beating more DB's over the head with your rod than catching fish this weekend.
      High Island is a good spot, as the water gets deeper faster as you head east.

I will be fishing on the island this weekend, at the end of the seawall (Beach #1?). We had planned on going camping at Surfside, however, "the Boss", decided she wanted a condo instead! If you make it down to this area, look me up. I will be in a red Jeep Wrangler w/ a wife and 3 spawn in tow!

Shawn

Comment

Surfside close to Treasure Isle has been a good spot for trout. that whole beach front is probly good when the wind is right. Or, you need a south shoreline. there is pedestrian access to Xmas bay right at a curve in the highway. The bottom gets firm as you wade out and there is some structure, an old channel for example that sometimes holds fish. Been there before when the water was clear and didnt catch no fish.

Comment

Working...
        X