Not Too Bad- Surf/ SLP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not Too Bad- Surf/ SLP

Left the house at 5:20 this morning. I was met with the smell of morning dew and wispy tendrils of fog. There was actually banks of fogs around my area and visibility in some places along the way were reduced by a reasonable amount. With the fog, I decided to hit the surf. I was on the water by 6:10 at Beach Access 4 I think. Unfortunately, the waves were rolling and occasionally head high but the water was slightly green and fishable. I saw a brave yakker break the waves and go off somewhere. I wonder how he did There were schools of mullet just under the surface so I tossed out a 51mr and after three casts had a good whack and got an undersized trout. Goaded by my fortune I kept at it and caught a ball of seaweed, a foul hooked hardhead, and a mouthful of seawater. Within around half an hour the water was completely sandy and I went back to my car. I then headed to SLP flats and fished there. I found a school of nervous mullet and followed them for about an hour, picking up 4 redfish using live shrimp on a popping cork. 1 was 18.5, 2 were 19.5 and 1 was like 19.9999. It was quite the thrill though trying to stalk a school of mullet and cast over them. After each fish, I would have to watch for signs of moving water and locate the school all over again. I tried the grass and saw nothing, gave some folks the rest of my shrimp and called it a day. Not too bad.

Hope everyone has a great Memorial Day Weekend.
    Resident Ninja

Great report!
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Nice to bad the surf is suppose to get really choppy

Comment

Thanks for the report

Comment

Thanks for the report.

Comment

Great report! Glad you got out!
            "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Nice report but I didn't see you ...sorry, or I'd of said hi! I saw the surf and said, I ain't that ready or desperate and headed straight to the back point of Galvo SLP. Finally got a few good ones after tide switched to incoming...21" red and flounder on a red/white paddletail and 51mr respectively. Left by 10. Sorry I missed you! Good report too!
              Don't be a Nancy!
              If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Good going! I didn't know whether to stay for the tide change or not. Guess I should have!
                Resident Ninja

Comment

Working...
                X