Round 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Round 3

My buddy Jay came down and he had never been gigging I told him not to expect to much with this wind. We stuck two nice 4lb fish that he is going to take back for his family he is already wanting to go again once the winds relax.

We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Nice background shot and the fish aren't bad either, MUAH!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
    Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

That is cool Coe ,Maybe one day i can get in a walk with you !
      10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Nice!
        Resident Ninja

Comment

way to get some in the wind!!!!!!
          Captain Glenn Stevens
          Coastal Guide Service
          www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

Nice one! Gotta love that protected water.

Comment

Yan I left them for you buddy and no amount of wind effects that area, its more dependent upon the tide. Yes water clarity was cloudy in parts because of the wind but also tide needed to be lower it kept coming in ALL weekend slowly getting higher & higher with each high tide.

Comment

Just got in from the dike. Total chocolate milk...Arrrg!
                Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

Coe we hammered it too hard, I only got 3 last time I went. Had to go back to another spot to finish the limit! I'm gonna rest that spot and hit the other areas while the wind is down

Comment

Ive got to try this gigging thing
                    I dont always drink beer, but when i do , I prefer to be fishing !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Milkjug View Post
                      Coe we hammered it too hard, I only got 3 last time I went. Had to go back to another spot to finish the limit! I'm gonna rest that spot and hit the other areas while the wind is down
                      I hear yah. That spot is 1 of like 8 that I have in a 2 mile area.

Comment

I went with the boat last night and although the winds where light my home waters are still off color.
                        I guess I'm going to have to get reacquainted with my rod and reel.

Comment

Originally posted by 2112 View Post
                          I went with the boat last night and although the winds where light my home waters are still off color.
                          I guess I'm going to have to get reacquainted with my rod and reel.
                          Or find some more spots!

Comment

Ive got to try this gigging thing
                            X2
                            You never know what the tide might bring

Comment

The first time I tried gigging was actually when I found out about FWE. Coe and Bailey were there, as was 007 (who hasn't been around for some reason), and some other cool cats who I can't remember their names.

They posted an anyone-invited thread on that other site, and had a group gig down on the W. end. They had gigging lights and batteries for the newbies to borrow. I didn't get a fish that night, but I learned a lot. Next day I bought my own kit, went to the E. end of the island, and gigged 2 good keepers!

Comment

Working...
                              X