What's the best spot out of the wind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the best spot out of the wind?

I'm going fishing with some buddies this weekend and we're trying to find out where to put in that's protected from the wind?

Possibly the state park? I've never fished there. Any comments?

Wind is supposed to be minimal this weekend from what I hear. It's beautiful out today.. hopefully it stays that way!
    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

I find the best spot out of the wind is to be close to the beer cooler since fishing sux lately.

Actually, anywhere along a protected shoreline-GISP area is good.
      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Looks like the wind should be fine this weekend!
        http://www.windfinder.com/forecast/g...beach&wf_cmp=7
        "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Any recommended spots that have done well lately? My friend is talking about fishing Bolivar but we'll go anywhere east or west if its good.

Comment

Good luck with the Ferry-plan on 1-2 hour wait. I'd fish anywhere along south shoreline in West bay-try a google map or check the map on this site.
            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

When the surf is flat it is all I fish.

Comment

Originally posted by Milkjug View Post
                When the surf is flat it is all I fish.
                Went yesterday, and caught lots and lots of gaftop. The surf was not completely flat but it was very fishable

Comment

When's the catfish fry? I'll bring hushpuppies

Went today, trouts and a bruiser red. Stop soaking that dead bait and get some surf action while you can!

Comment

Milkjug, what time and what bait were you catching on?

Comment

As early as you can muster, topwaters & jigs w/ gulp.

Comment

Thanks Milkjug, I'll grab a few mirrolures and gulp.

What's the best place to buy live shrimp down around there?

Comment

I like Tucker and Son. Shrimp are a bit cheaper and better quality. Plus Travis Tucker (the son) is an aquantince of mine and a cool guy.

Comment

Best place out of the wind is OUT OF THE WIND! Speck fishermen and women were filling coolers at the pass this morning. Slot reds and up to 4' black tips were caught there too. Dead weed is in the first and second gut and a East to West current was flowing around 1-2 knts. If your a Speck fisherman then I would be out early in the mornings and late in the evenings. Watch the birds and paddle over!
                            Have fun be safe
                            Ron

Comment

Hard to beat the surf if it"s flat . But , sportsman road , pirates , gcsp, sea isle , etcg give close in protection from se wind .
                              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
                              X