Causeway and pirates cove Wednesday night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Causeway and pirates cove Wednesday night

Did not have much luck in the yak at either place. Started under causeway and the tide was ripping. It was going so fast that by the time you cast at a end light you would be at other end by the time you reel in. I don't like anchoring there. The causeway already has five of my anchors. Too much riprap. I did get a bump and I was tired of fighting the current. Headed to pirates and it was nice and calm. However not many fish in the lights and the ones there were very spooky. Ended the night with 1 keeper trout. Lost a nice one at yak. Caught 2 rat reds and some sand trout. Disappointing night. Tried everything. Yozuris mirrodines shad rigs just seemed like they werent feeding. Not a lot of bait in the lights. Need to find another spot to try.

Thanks for the report! Much appreciated!!!
    At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

Nice report.....thanks !!
      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

We were out there Wed. night also, and feel your pain. That was a hard outgoing. No keepers.
        Scott
        "All fishermen are liars except you and me and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you!"

Comment

Tough losing all that sleep for little result. Sometimes they are on and it is all worth it.

Comment

Working...
          X