Wading/Vibrio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wading/Vibrio

Want to wadefish W Bay Sat AM but scared of Vibrio. Have fresh skinned knee from bike fall. Guess I could coat knee scrape with Vaseline for protection. Any better ideas? Any reported Vibrio cases this year?

cover it in superglue, thats nasty stuff fishinfreak got it on my boat last year when a hardhead got him through the hand
    I dont always drink beer, but when i do , I prefer to be fishing !!!!!

Comment

Thanks drifter - thats a better idea.

Comment

If you have waders, wear them. I know it's warmer, but the mild discomfort is way better than getting that stuff in ya.
        You never know what the tide might bring

Comment

Thanks JD. That was so obvious I didn't even think of it. Have some of the breathable types - will use. Better hot than dead.

Comment

My cousin actually used foot in waders ove memorial day when he forgot his boots. He says he wasnt even hot, id go that route

Comment

Yes. Thats what I did. Wasn't that hot and skinned knee was well protected. Caught a few small throwbacks. Thanks to all for your advice.

Comment

I wade naked!
                Don't be a Nancy!
                If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

The Legend got it last year fishing in a boat!! Skinned him from wrist to elbow. 50 years of fishing ya never know
                  Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Yeah my hand swell up like a balloon and hurtvlike hell for weeks. Be careful out there it ain't no joke and then work them needles around the infected area hurts like a sob too !

Comment

I no longer can wade fish since I'm a dual transplant patient (kidney/pancreas 89) and immuno-suppressed. Any infection is bad for me and if I were to get vibrio, there would be no saving me. Had to give up eating raw oysters back at the same time I was transplanted too, miss them, but it's not worth risking my life on a possible oyster that has the bacteria.

Comment

Sorry about this Single Prong. All is not lost - enjoy boat/bank fishing and eating fish/shrimp!

Comment

I have a better idea, stay at home the vibrio is at a all time high in the bay system... LMAO come on dude don't be skeart...
                          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Sorry to hear that. At least there's plenty of other ways to fish around here!
                            You never know what the tide might bring

Comment

When I was in the hospital several years back there was a guy across the hall from my room that had it covering 90% of his body. The nurse explained his treatment to me & explained how painful the treatment was, listening to him scream & cry for hours on end til he passed out. M y wife told the nurse I like to fish & wade, she asked me after a couple of weeks of hearing his pain if I would still wade fish & I told her Yep. They told me he was to far gone & would not make it. I was glad when they moved me to another floor.
                              Today is a new day!!

Comment

Working...
                              X