In surf tomorrow morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In surf tomorrow morning

Going to try the surf in the morning. Judging from the Surf CAMs it looks good, but are there any live reports?

http://www.swellinfo.com/surf-foreca...ide-texas.html best I have found try it
    MANVEL MOB

Comment

pm superspook he is a rolling surfcam!! lol
      MANVEL MOB

Comment

Nice. Come on down if you are up to it. May try around SLP...

Comment

How did you do?

Comment

it was brutal on the island along the seawall.The railroad bridge along the causeway looked like a boat parking lot about 8ish.
            I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Unfortunately, this is more of a surf report rather than a catching report.....

Kid and I left around 5am heading down 146 and passed up Reeltime. Gave a honk and he nearly swerved off the road trying to see what was going on with the honking.

We stopped at 71/2 mile since we were behind time a little bit. We got one bite between the two of us on a purple and white. It was a workout. One wave after another pounding the surf. The water was slightly sandy but fishable. We tried tops and different color plastics. Two guys next to us were using shrimp and they were catching ladyfish.

Then we decided to try another spot. Stopped at a couple of beach access points and the surf still looked the same until around Terramar (?). By then, I decided we might as well go to my usual spot at SPL. There weren't as many waves and visibility was pretty good. However, every 30 seconds two waves would come in that were 4ft tall. Caught spanish mackel.

This was a good spot wished I got there at 5:45. Schools of mullet were swimming over the second bar and they were nervous.
              Right now, I feel like I just came from a workout. LOL

Tomorrow should be better, if the wind changes. This morning the wind was calm until you hit the beach. If the wind doesn't change direction, I'm sure it will be an active surf and you will be able skip your next workout and Netti session should you go fishing.

Comment

lol i almost spilled coffee when you hit the horn and i was like WhoTH that was.Now i know!Can you say surfside!
                I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

i'll be between rollover and crystal beach. look for a black f-150 stepside with a green kayak. bring me a beer.

Comment

Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X