Big Fat Skunk 3/25/09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Fat Skunk 3/25/09

Launched at Sea Isle a little after 7 (after having to back the truck halfway into the water to get the boat off, won't be visiting that ramp again anytime soon). Tried at Snake Island first, but we only gave it 30 minutes due to lack of bait. Then we ran west to some flats around the water tower. Saw lots of bait. but not one fish. I threw mostly topwaters, but tried the trusty old pumpkin BA without a bite. My dad threw different colors of BAs with the same luck. Moved west another mile or so and found tons of bait. A pelican would swoop low over the water and the water would start boiling in places from all the bait. But still there were no fish, or at least they weren't feeding. I went the whole trip without a single blowup and only lost one tail off a BA. Saw 3 or 4 porpoises while we were wading in water 2 foot or so deep. I've never seen them that shallow. We called it a day at noon. Wind was 5-10 early and incresed to 10-15 mid-morning. No rain at all and for the most part it was a beautful day. Water was green to sandy-green. Just one of those days that leaves you scratching your head. But the boat ran good (first time it ran in almost 3 months ) so no complaints.
    XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Did you make it to the pass?
    I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

No. We took a little boat ride to the start of the markers that channel through but then turned around. Are those markers still good post-Ike?
      XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

Comment

Originally posted by XtremeAngler View Post
        No. We took a little boat ride to the start of the markers that channel through but then turned around. Are those markers still good post-Ike?
        I'm not sure. I haven't been that far east from the pass. WEA might know.
        I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Hey atleast you got to fish. If it makes you feel any better I can't catch fish there either lol. Glad to hear the boat is running good.

Comment

Thanks for the report

Skunks happen...more times then i'd like
            "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

We are going to restake SLP
              We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Thanks for the report. I almost headed out this afternoon, but decided on bass fishing instead with the winds howling.
                sigpic
                Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Thanks for the report, any day now its gonna be on down there. I hope they start eating by Friday. I think I'm gonna head down that away and give it a shot.

AQUA PIMP
                  AQUA PIMP......
                  "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Nice report.Bummer on the skunk
                    NK
                    Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Trying beats not. Dang good try-try the Jamaica Ramp next time or Terramar. The Sea Isle "public" ramp sux and needs a dig out and the residents' ramp usually is chained.
                      thanks for the report. (BTW-watch out for Barney Fife at JB-he'll ticket ya for going over putt speed in the canals {streets too!!!} even if he's just in his vehicle).
                      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

It sure was windy out there that afternoon. Skunk x2 here.

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
                          Trying beats not. Dang good try-try the Jamaica Ramp next time or Terramar. The Sea Isle "public" ramp sux and needs a dig out and the residents' ramp usually is chained.
                          thanks for the report. (BTW-watch out for Barney Fife at JB-he'll ticket ya for going over putt speed in the canals {streets too!!!} even if he's just in his vehicle).
                          Thanks for the heads up. Yeah I will probably go to Jamaica next time if I launch at the island again. I'm getting burned out on West Bay though. I just wish the Dike was operable
                          XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

Comment

Working...
                          X