Went catching today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went catching today

I went to Galveston beach to fish in the surf this morning and it was awesome. Went to beach access number 9 and walked straight in the water at 6:00 am I put a shrimp under my popper and started to walk in the water and noticed tailing right in front of me and I was not even calf deep. Tossed to what I hoped was a red and Bam it was on. Except it was a black drum maybe 7 or 8 pounds. I thought about catching some more. but they where headed toward two other fisherman so I let them go and waded in. First cast the trout where hitting and did not stop until 8' ish. There was a half hour period where they where hitting on every cast and hooking up. We caught over 40 fish today and only 3 where dinks. All the rest where keepers (15 to 18 inch). We took home a mess to feed to our friends and family tonight. We also caught some sand trout and some small sharks. The water was alive with fish and bait this morning. I was catching fish at my feet while lighting a cigarette.

We where using shrimp under poppers and the guys around use where using soft plastic and where hooking up every once in a while. I am sure they all must have caught a limit. The bite was not aggressive but not soft just in between. Wind and surf where great and the water was murky. I could not even see my knees. Fish showed no color until they broke the surface almost. I have hit beach access 9 twice in the last two weeks or so. Every time there has been a North wind I hit and have been scoring there to the left of the old concrete pilings in the water. Good luck and get in the water.
    Attached Files
    It is better to beg forgivness than to ask permission.

Nice report!
    Don't be a Nancy!
    If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

nice going! Great report!
      TDFT Certified Weighmaster

Comment

Great report! Nice going!
        "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

nice report with pics to back it up.wtg

Comment

OutstandIng!
            sigpic

Comment

thanks for the report looking forward to heading down
              An eye for an eye only leaves the whole world blind.

Comment

Working...
              X