FRIDAY AND SUNDAY. Good catching.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FRIDAY AND SUNDAY. Good catching.

FRIDAY:Took some clients out to the east bay reefs early Friday. Made one drift and picked up a few solid keepers before the oyster boats rallied in and shut us down quick like. ran over to another unmarked shell pad that I know about and proceeded to drift about the same time 3 slicks popped up. Couple of casts later the sand eel gets hammered by a nice 5 pounder. She put on quite a show that ultimately invited 5 other boats to the locale despite my "im not catchin a thing" routine. Guess it didnt help that the guys on the boat with me were doin the chinese fire drill locating and gettin the net ready. So we drifted off the back of the back of the reef with the slicks and left it to the crowd. I COUNTED 22 BOTES ON ONE SET OF STICK-UPS. Talk about crowded. Had enough of that by 8 so we took off the find some cleaner water and hopefully get setup for the minor. Got distracted by a brand new slick coming off a point so we did a 180 and power pole down. Stuck a 3 or 4 18" reds before a kayaker came and tied off to my bow and got in on the action Left it to him and took off to the upper bay area to try and hide from the mess and find a bite. And find a bite we did. stuck 3 limits to "24 from 1130 to 1215 while turning several back that were just legal. The heat got to one of the guys though so we called it day and left'em biting for a friend of mine who was lucky enough to have been seen by me and have his cell on him

Click image for larger version

Name:	251587_556037196372_153101046_31407950_3532718_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	569354

SUNDAY: Took girly out for an afternoon trip sfter I returned from a brutal liver bashing bachelor party in Port A Fri and Sat night. Uggh talk about rough. Anyway hopped on plane about 330ish and headed to the trout from Friday. IN and ON. Right off the cast fish on and strippin drag. 26" 6.10lbs Tried like hell to turn him back (Im guessing it was a him cause it was croakin like all get out???) but he jsut kept rolling on his back so ta the cooler with it. A few minutes later a straighten out another solid keeper speck and string it just to make a worthwhile bag of fillets for a neighbor. The live-in in the meantime was busy gettin reds in the mix. Ended up keepin 2 and 2 for the cleanin table but we landed a few more of each before the aftermath of the party, sun , drive and the rest of the weeknd started pullin me down. Feeling good about the trip we headed back to the casa.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	250110_556196147832_153101046_31411406_3505554_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	569355
    Andros Tarpon 26

Nice report and catch,congrats
    Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

nice
      "I love the smell of napalm and watermelon slicks in the mornin'...."

Comment

That a hog !

Comment

WTG

Comment

NICE! Great report
            fish caller

Comment

Funny & Great report! Sounds like you put a ton of people on fish! LOL
              "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Good Day keep the reports coming...
                We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

That'll work!
                  Whatever it is,good or bad, God knows! Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

Nice meat haul!
                    sigpic
                    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Way to go!!!

Comment

OUTstanding!
                        Team Rolling Thunder

Comment

very nice!
                          the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Great catching! I was by Galveston Bay Friday night at Clifton's by the Sea and didn't think the water was that great. Good job!
                            Fishwhisperer

Comment

nice haul and report!
                              I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Working...
                              X