Vacation Tic-Tock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vacation Tic-Tock

Well it is that time of year again where I go on vacation and pound the bay for a week. I will be in Galveston fishing San Luis pass on a kayak. I will arrrive late Saturday the 11th. Be forwarned I don't catch fish so if you see me stay away! HA last time I had a guy wade up to me and fish beside me like he knew me or something, I think he thought he owned that particular spot because I saw him there 3 times that week. I told him they were no fish there I scared them all away.

Anyway IF you need a partner in crime or someone to help pay the gas or just someone to laugh at give me a hollar, I can be found at happy hour at the same place where the surf cam is, if you look real close at the other cam you might see me stumbling around inside the bar.

See Ya'll out there!

Good catching to you.Have fun
    Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Spot surf cam? Good luck.

Comment

Yeah I wasn't sure if I could post the place I would be at, free advertising and all that. I will need luck, if I am going to break my record of 2 this year.

Comment

Good luck!
          Resident Ninja

Comment

Hi Jhua! Thanks! I'm going to need it, the surf may be flat the whole week, the sonar and lunar tables are lining up and I will be there with bells on (figure of speech I am NOT going to wear bells!) HA

I will not have access to any computers that I know of. SO I may not be able to post results until I get back. I just hope not to get skunked.

Comment

what results ?
              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Report.

Sunday 6/12- SLP water was clear, way too much bait, could not get anything to hit, then I saw some small minnows and switched to a silver spoon and caught a 15.5" Spanish Mac. Fished from 6 AM to 11. Off the water at 11:00. Missed 1 huge something that took my bate and when I went to set the hook a LOT of water moved my reel screamed for a second and bam it was gone. the tip on my rod was rotating like a clock I had to get some glue to fix it that afternoon.

Monday 6/13 - SLP water was clear something was busting pods of mullet all over the place, I went to the flats past the gut and was attacked by a pod of mullet, 3-4 bounced off my legs 5+ hit my kayak, 2+ jumped in the yak and I had to catch them to get them out. I tried to throw my lure right behind the mullet as they were coming to me thing I might get a bite HA, they flipping attacked me! I ended up with 1 15.5" trout. Fished from 6 till 11AM

Tuesday 6/14 - SLP SKUNKED! Fished from 6 till 11AM Also found out that my future grandchild will be a granddaughter

Wednesday 6/15 - Woke up got ready walked outside and the wind knocked me down so I went back inside and back to sleep. Woke up about 7:30 got back up and went behind the Galveston state park. Caught a 15.5" flounder and missed 4, found a popping cork with a very large catfish on it I freed the catfish and kept the cork. on the water 8 am till 1 pm

Thursday 6/16 - Winds knocked me down again, slept late again. Went to the stat park again I figured I know what is biting and were to go so, the first bite almost pulled the pole out of my hands, I missed him, then the fan boat came by and I couldn't buy a bite. 8 am till 2 pm

Friday 6/17 - SLP Water is chocolate milk, wind was howling, I was traveling at about 15 mph drifting, so I threw out the anchor but it just made it worse. So I pounded the bay for 4 hours and left with no bites no fish but a grin on my face that is still there today. On the water from 6 till 10 then went and spent the rest of the time there with my wife.

Already looking forward to next year

Comment

great report
                  MANVEL MOB

Comment

Thank you for a detailed report ......great time even if you didn't smack each outing . Keep it up !! Let's have some more kayak reports .
                    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

That sounds like fun and too bad about the airboat. Enjoyed the report!

Comment

LOL the airboat didn't bother me too bad I was just suprised I didn't get any more hits. I originally thought it was one of the WWII planes flying overhead and never could find it

I will have to say I have never ever been attacked by a pod of mullet! I thought they would turn before they got to me, WRONG right through me! There was a V of fish behind them that I didn't get a good look at so see what they were.

Comment

Working...
                        X