Wife's first fish in the surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wife's first fish in the surf

We had been running errands all weekend around the island. As we past along or around the seawall I commented that the water was so nice and flat for fishing in the surf.

Mrs. Oleander had never tried casting in the surf and felt this was the calmest she'd seen to finally give it a try.

We had only about 45 min. late in the afternoon to quickly gear up, hit the surf, wash off and then bug out. I tied a silver Johnson Sprite spoon on her rod and a blk/chrm skitterwalk on mine.

She hadn't any experience casting in chest high water, but caught on after braving a few swells and a half dozen casts.

Fortunately feeding birds were with us and she got a few good casts off to their direction. In about 20 minutes she fought in a nice sandie. For which she had me release it for her.

Amongest my casting, I hauled in a line snarl and had one blow up. A short but sweet outing, with the Mrs. repeating "Ha, I caught one and you didn't!"

At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

LOL,good report
    Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Working...
    X