3 great days of flyfishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 great days of flyfishing

Fineally got to flyfish.got out Sat.,Sun.,& Mon.Conditions for the fly were very good.The catch was moderate for 3 day effort.Saturday picked up 4 reds(23,19,18,17)had shots at about 20 fish. Sunday produced the best catch.two trout(22,26),6 reds(24,20,20,19,18,18).Got shots at two larger trout but both refused to eat.Same with the reds,the larger reds were spooky and would not eat,had around 30 shots.Monday was slow,with hazey conditions,stuck with it and ended up with 3 small reds(18,17,14).It felt good to be out on the water and see a few fish.Tried to get close to some marauding jacks but I was to slow with the push pole.I will have my trolling motor on board from now on,along with my 12wt. Tarpon rig.

Skiffstiff

Sounds fun wish i could afford to fly fish

Comment

Kingfish,
      It is not that way now.You can get into it with good equipment for no more thanyou would spend on a good baitcaster & graphite rod.
      skiffstiff

Comment

Good report. Was down at Orvis yesturday & the new Access reels look good at a good price, $159, alot cheaper than what I paid for mine. Did not look at the rods. May have to back to look at a 12 wt for tarpon.
        Today is a new day!!

Comment

good to hear still trying to figure out the whole fly fishing saltwater but great report congrats
          An eye for an eye only leaves the whole world blind.

Comment

very nice Joe ! i think we crossed paths in a s shore cove sat a week ago i was comin in and you left shortly therafter i was in a 20 ft aquasport...looked like your boat there were 2 people aboard
            Captain Glenn Stevens
            Coastal Guide Service
            www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

Capt.glenn,
              yes that was me .i went in to pole that back lake.we found a couple back in there.
              Skiffstiff

Comment

Working...
              X