hello guy's and gal's i'm a newbie here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello guy's and gal's i'm a newbie here

Hello everyone I'm new to the Westend Anlgers fourm.I fish the Galveston area,Matagorda and when I can Baffin.I mainly target Trophy Trout year round in the Matagorda bay system.

Welcome!
    I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Welcome Aboard!
      NK
      Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

thanks for the hospitality...

Comment

Welcome. That big surf trout in your avatar looks like a good 'un!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Milkjug View Post
              Welcome. That big surf trout in your avatar looks like a good 'un!
              Thanks, that trout was 30 inches and went 8.6 lbs and was 1st runner up in the STAR Upper coast.I missed a larger fish the cast before I got her and had been on Trophy Specks for around 3 day's straight when I got that fish.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Sneekypete View Post
                  Thanks, that trout was 30 inches and went 8.6 lbs and was 1st runner up in the STAR Upper coast.I missed a larger fish the cast before I got her and had been on Trophy Specks for around 3 day's straight when I got that fish.

I remember that fish. you had it shoulder to shoulder from access 1 to 6 the next couple days after I posted the pics for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilbert View Post
                    I remember that fish. you had it shoulder to shoulder from access 1 to 6 the next couple days after I posted the pics for you.
                    Yea, Thanks Gilbert...the funny thing was, not a single person could get out of their vehicle till daylight because the mosquitoes were so bad...I custom made a head net that came down to my waist or water level.I was getting in the water at 4am and would watch everybody get out of their truck for 7 seconds then jump back in and wait till daylight...I had the whole beachfront to myself from 4am till sunup...There's some special things I was doing to catch those big girls and I've only told a few people how I was doing it...Can't wait till the STAR starts...

Comment

Originally posted by Sneekypete View Post
                      Yea, Thanks Gilbert...the funny thing was, not a single person could get out of their vehicle till daylight because the mosquitoes were so bad...I custom made a head net that came down to my waist or water level.I was getting in the water at 4am and would watch everybody get out of their truck for 7 seconds then jump back in and wait till daylight...I had the whole beachfront to myself from 4am till sunup...There's some special things I was doing to catch those big girls and I've only told a few people how I was doing it...Can't wait till the STAR starts...

I can't wait to get out there and potlick you. I got my ticket to the ft. bend cca banquet and will be doing the star again this year.

Comment

Hey there...newbie here as well but have heard quite a bit about you though. I work with Tom and Thomas Carter down there in Alvin. Fish with Tom some but as you know all you get to do is chase birds when with him. I drag Thomas along with me sometimes.... kinda have fun messing with him about never being able to drop that phone. I think you know Brad as well who works with us some. I hope to meet you one day and maybe get to fish together.

Comment

Originally posted by RickLued View Post
                          Hey there...newbie here as well but have heard quite a bit about you though. I work with Tom and Thomas Carter down there in Alvin. Fish with Tom some but as you know all you get to do is chase birds when with him. I drag Thomas along with me sometimes.... kinda have fun messing with him about never being able to drop that phone. I think you know Brad as well who works with us some. I hope to meet you one day and maybe get to fish together.
                          Heck yea, I know all them Alvin boy's...been fishing with ole Tom and Brad for over 35 years...and Thomas as long as he's been fishing as well, Good People ...Heck yea,I'm on the water 2-3 days a week least...I keep 1 of my boats in Matty and the other at the house in Angleton,my # is 281-685-2122 give me a call I'm heading to Matty on Sunday,surely got room.I'm not like those Alvin boys however, I'm extreamly hard core...

Comment

Yeah ole tom always says "Damn that boy is serious. If you go with him you better pack a lunch." Also says you never want to go hit the birds he points out and I just kinda chuckle. I am not afraid to grind all day long by no means(extreme topwater junkie here). I would love to hop in that Scout and hit em up......Love my Scout. I got lucky back in 2000 and picked up 1 out of the STAR tourney. I wish I would have talked to you a few days earlier as I have a family thing going this Sunday and already promised them we could get together then. Hopefully I can get on with you on the next 1......Thanks for the invite.

Comment

No Problem, I'm always trying to stat on'em.Give me a shout down the road and I'll save you a spot on the boat.

Comment

Working...
                              X