Heritage Kayak?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heritage Kayak?

Got an opportunity to get a heritage yak pretty cheap...dont know anything about them but have been wanting one to mess around in the surf with. Any you yakkers know Heritage, any good, waste of money? Any feedback appreciated...
    sigpic

They are a good brand, you won't hear all the disparaging words like with Pelican yaks.

Since you are wanting to use it in the surf, what length is it? A shorter, wider yak is going to be more stable on those sporty days. Then again, if you are talking about wanting to paddle 8 miles out to a short rig or to look for kings, you might want something longer and more speedy.

Comment

Thanks for responding MJ. It is a 14' and I will NEVER go 8 miles.
      sigpic

Comment

14 is perfect. If its a good price, go for it.

Comment

Originally posted by 24Buds View Post
          14 is perfect. If its a good price, go for it.
          x2!
          At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

That's a fast boat, Heritage Redfish 14? If it is a good deal, I'd go for it. Just know they can be a bit tippy if you are a bigger guy on a rough day, you will be able to haul azz though.

You can get used to a tippy yak but a slow yak will always be slow.

Comment

Originally posted by Milkjug View Post
              You can get used to a tippy yak but a slow yak will always be slow.
              x1000!
              "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Bought it and down on the island...will takeit out tomorrow morning in the surf if conditions allow
                sigpic

Comment

At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

Working...
                  X