Aransas Pass June 7, 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aransas Pass June 7, 2011

Sorry not to keep you folks updated every day, but please check out my website for updated reports www.afishingfantasy.com Business is good and fishing is even better.

I got the best job in the world. Fished a regular customer and her son from Austin area, his buddy, and her mother in law today. Boys are in mid teens, we started to some deep water areas, but was too rough for grandmother, so turned around and worked some riff-raff, that I haven't fished in a while. Not 5 minutes grandmother hooks up and brings in a nice flounder. After a few minutes and no more bites, we pull up and head to where we started as the wind was dying down. Next stop picked up a few speckled trout, big gafftops, and some sand trout, the wind switched and the bite died. Moved several more times and couldn't get a bite going. So we headed back to the flats, started drifting; grandson said to grandmother " you need to catch a red". The girls are ahead of the guys in fish at that time, the boys need to get it in gear. We picked up a few nice trout on the first drift. Went back and staredt another drift, grandmother hooks up and lands the biggest fish of day a 23'' speckled trout. Daughter-in-law get a 22'' trout, and the boys get a couple of keepers. I jacked up the motor to drift across a real shallow bar to work some holes past it, the second hole after the shallow bar, grandmother hooks up and lands a nice redfish.
    Her first Grand Slam.
    Thanks folks for a great day and look forward to several more next month.Click image for larger version

Name:	101_0520 copyweb.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	119.7 KB
ID:	569403Click image for larger version

Name:	101_0523 copyweb.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	127.3 KB
ID:	569404

Nice report!

Comment

Working...
    X