Any Bowhunters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Bowhunters?

Just wanted to see if there were any bowhunters on here that might be interested in hooking up for some hog hunts or something.
    Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Yo! Its been awhile but I used to bowhunt and bowfish. Still have all my gear. Also beachbum bought a new bow recently, not sure if he has even shot it yet! Where do you go for hogs?

Comment

Sharkbait on the website is a big bow hunter... hence Beach Bum Bailey picked up the sport as well.
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Oh... also "Sirkle" who lives up in KY and can tell you some stories!

Comment

Originally posted by Unclehandy View Post
          Yo! Its been awhile but I used to bowhunt and bowfish. Still have all my gear. Also beachbum bought a new bow recently, not sure if he has even shot it yet! Where do you go for hogs?
          I met a guy that has a place in Sargent that I've been invited to a few times. I also have about 100 acres (40 I own, and 60 I have hunting rights) up near Lufkin bordering the National Forest. Got the first hog off it this past season. I'm trying to get it setup to bowhunt them better, just not there yet. We go up for work weekend and do a little hunting while we are up.

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
          Oh... also "Sirkle" who lives up in KY and can tell you some stories!
          Oh I can tell some stories myself.......just ask CoachLaw......
          Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

I drive through Lufkin all the time.

Comment

I'd like to stick some fresh pork. Never bowhunted but I'm game to try any kind of hunting.

I was going to hog hunt at a friend's place this year but he seems like he wants to back out of it.

Let me know if you want a tag-along some time. I can split gas, provide corn and even make some tube feeders to put out. Will bring beer

Comment

Sounds like a plan. I've got it set up right now to hunt with a rifle, so that's in also.

Comment

Man BH Im absolutely ATE UP with bowhunting. Rarely even hunt with a rifle anymore.

When September rolls around I just tell my wife goodbye and I'll see her again sometime in January.

Comment

You know I have only shot 2 deer in my life and it wasn't exciting at all... I was in a blind the deer was feeding what kinda sport is that?

I can see myself getting into bow hunting however nobody I know does it, I don't have all the required tools and my sister won more medals than me in archery is part of the reason I never picked it up

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post

You know I have only shot 2 deer in my life and it wasn't exciting at all... I was in a blind the deer was feeding what kinda sport is that?

I can see myself getting into bow hunting however nobody I know does it, I don't have all the required tools and my sister won more medals than me in archery is part of the reason I never picked it up
                      LOL !! Yeah, you cant have sis showing you up.

Dude, Ive never had my heart beat as fast as when Im about to take an animal with my bow. I shot a doe last year out of a 8' tripod at 5 yards. 5 YARDS MAN!! I was more shook up on that hunt than with any buck Ive killed, and this was just a doe. She was just so close.

Nothing at all against rifle hunting. It has its place. But once you make a kill with a bow, youre hooked.

Comment

I finally got me a bow last year. I shot one hog with it, but the shot was a little high. I would love to help ya out!

Comment

Originally posted by 45 ACP View Post
                          Man BH Im absolutely ATE UP with bowhunting. Rarely even hunt with a rifle anymore.

When September rolls around I just tell my wife goodbye and I'll see her again sometime in January.
                          Well anyone that like to bowhunt and likes 45ACPs is alright in my book! Guess we are just going to have to hookup sometime.

Comment

Working...
                          X