X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regional Flounder contest...

...if anyone is interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
    Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Very interesting ! Thanks 2112....
    10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Thanks for the link 2112... I'm going to put a link on that thread sending people to fishwestend.com we've got a number of texans on the site.

For those who have not checked it out, there is a butt load of really nice prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places. My buddy banjovie makes a kick *** wade gigging light made from LED's from www.fishinglightsetc.com, and I'm making some titanium and stainless steel flounder gigs for prizes. There is a lot of other stuff too. Good to find another gigging forum. Hope to make a lot of friends on here.

Chris
      Last edited by choppedliver; June 22, 2011, 11:53 PM.

Comment

I brought my credit card to work today so I can register on line! It might be tough to beat some of those Alabama Flounder.
        Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

Looks fun!
          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by 2112 View Post
            I brought my credit card to work today so I can register on line! It might be tough to beat some of those Alabama Flounder.
            Hey now, I thought everything was bigger in texas! lol

Comment

They are but our waters are genrally off-color-can't gig what you can't see, right? Most trophys come from hook and line in deep water.
              I'm having a problem with work computers. They don't like responding to personal emails or allowing to due things like enter online gigging contest so I will have to wait until I get home to donate my measley $8....LOL

Comment

We have plenty of off color water around here. A lot of the best gigging is near the river mouths and dirty water bayous. Then there is places like the gulf side which is crystal clear. Getting out of the wind is the hardest part around here. If the water is clear the wind is blowing. If the wind isnt blowing, the water's dirty. It's always something, so I hear you loud and clear about "you cant gig what you cant see".

Comment

Well we now have giggers from florida, alabama, mississippi, lousiana, and texas. It's really taking off. We are adding more prizes every week as we get more sponsors, and we have now added an interesting twist... Not the biggest flounder, but the first person to post a pre determined size. It could be a little 14 incher... the size will change from time to time. So you could win a prize with a small fish. Y'all check it out if you get a chance. It's all in fun, but there is some really nice prizes.

Comment

The action around here has been slow lately because of rain, but before that, had quite a few entries. We need some more texas in this competition. Y'all don't be shy!

Here is a few pics of some of the prizes
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	15144d1303741791-fl1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	166.7 KB
ID:	554601Click image for larger version

Name:	15146d1303742048-fl3.jpg
Size:	155.4 KB
ID:	554602Click image for larger version

Name:	15156d1303784332-dscn0015.jpg