Flushing out motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flushing out motor

Do any of you out there have any advice on flushing the water system out of your motor? I know that salt and junk can corrode internal components and thought I may take a 50 gallon tank fill it with water and some LCR or something and run my motor in it to help break down any build ups in the water ways of the motor. Is there any cleaner that is made for this already?

What make/model motor do you have?

Comment

115 Johnson 92 model.

Comment

If you can flush your motor while submerged than it would be best. Most people don't have that option and use the rabbit ears hooked up to the garden hose. You technically are not supposed to run your motor on the rabbit ears for a long period of time as it's not getting enough water like it would if it was submerged.
        They do have some flush kits with some cleaner that you can run through but I've never used it.

Is your motor spitting out water good when running?

Comment

If it is than I would just flush for about 5 minutes using the rabbit ears at idle. Sometimes I like to idle it up to about 1500 rpms or so for a little while.
          I would not use LCR. It might damage the rubber element in your water pump in your lower unit.

Just my opinion. Other people may have different ways of flushing it out.

I keep my boat at a lake house so I will take it out alot in the fresh water and really run it good.

Comment

Mell Wader I think knows some stuff... Maybe it was the lady that cleans our boat not sure. I'll have to check...
            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

not sure if this is the stuff...

http://www.saltawayproducts.com/Outb...ushingPage.htm
              We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Working...
              X