MM Brand: Gator-Tail
    Horsepower: 35
    Boat Brand: Gator-Tail
    Boat Size: 18x60
    Boat Layout: Open, with a gun box on the port side

Speeds | Shallow Water: 28 MPH w/ myself (200lbs) & a full tank of gas
    Speeds | Deep Water: 27.5 MPH " " " "
    Conditions Tested In: Trinity River, Wind N @ 10MPH, Saltwater

Let me start with the engine... This thing is a machine!! I've driven long tails all my life but this is my first SD to own. The thing that sold me on the Gator-Tail was: #1 Neutral & #2 Instant Reverse!

The reverse is so nice when I'm pulling up to the dock or launching the boat by myself... I simply pull a lever and I'm backing up

The boat handles well in shallow & deep waters. Gator-Tail put a rear hunt deck on the stern and filled it with flotation. The two pods on both the port and starboard side that I sit on are both filled as well along with a portion of the bow. (I cross open bays here in Texas a lot)

The spud poles were very useful during the hunting season I was able to pull the boat up to the area I wanted to hunt stick the poles in the ground and throw up the blind. I had Gator-Tail outfit the boat with a blind, I considered building one but the design they have was very ingenious and easy to remove took me 5 min by myself.

I have a receiver winch mount on the bow which helps me get over levees and into my ponds. I've added a trolling motor and plan to add a poling platform having a removable one built here in town. Last night I worked out my design with some new flounder lights. A quick trip to the shop this weekend for some aluminum will allow me to mount my setup into the winch receiver. I'm running a 12V system and just giving these new lights a shot for the time being.

Hunting Season I took 2 guys plus me all around 200lbs, full tank of gas, my dog, 96Q ice chest full to the brim, a radio cooler (w/ full size battery) Boat ran 22-23 MPH through the ICW.

Boat has performed flawlessly out in the bay and last weekend I had it in some rough conditions 30MPH + winds which limited me to the back coves however the conditions still made for an interesting & wet ride home.

Its fun being the only one on the water when all the wind gets blown out... I had a guy waving at me the other day that stopped me and said don't go right there's no water... That's exactly where I went

We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Action Shots...

few more.
    Attached Files
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Working...
    X