How to rig for live?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to rig for live?

I was just wondering how to rig for live perch or mullet or whatever in the surf.

Carolina?
    Yeah, and all the muchachas they call me big pappa, when I throw pesos their way!

i use the caroline rig.seems to work best for me
    Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

In real clear stuff.. a kahle hook on 20# flouro tied line to line with no swivel. Either hook through eye and fling it out and pull forward ever so slow, or through bottom just above anal fin and let swim. You can always add split to help with current. I like at least 18" of leader. What I like about this rig ...cut the hook off and tie on a lure is very easy and quick!
      Don't be a Nancy!
      If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

12lb ande mono - blood knot to 5' of 20# mono - small swivel - 12- 18" 20# mono to number 4 khaile hook. - bait = Good Luck
        Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Originally posted by corndog View Post
          12lb ande mono - blood knot to 5' of 20# mono - small swivel - 12- 18" 20# mono to number 4 khaile hook. - bait = Good Luck
          I use braid primarily, but if mono that's the way Ive done it. With braid I bypass the swivel in clear water and finish knot with dab of super glue. Get the glue bottle that has a brush. It can also double as a band aid in emergency situations so good to have close by.
          Don't be a Nancy!
          If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Working...
          X