running hot??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• running hot??

I recently took my boat in for a oil alarm issue. The tech said i had missed one of the sensors from when i removed the VRO. Solved the alarm problem but then he said my motor was running hot and he needed to remove heads and do a clean up and check water deflectors(over $500 in labor)?? I decided to just take it home and get a second opinion since I never had an issue with the over heat alarm going off. I invested in a IR heat therm gauge and ran my motor for 5-10 minutes, shot the heads and it read 150 F at idle on both sides. Is this running too hot?

There is a chemical you can flush your motor with to see if it helps, dont remember the name but it cost like $30 for a gal. Use the search feature on the other fishing site to find, tried to log on to find for you,but would not connect. This chemical disolves all the build up in the water passages to keep from removing heads as they state. Worth a try.
    Today is a new day!!

Comment

Rydlyme is the name of the chemical.
      Today is a new day!!

Comment

I had a overheating problem my yamaha 115, we did have to remove the heads, but you can do it yourself. I used a $1.00 a bottle cleaner from walmart, after I had the head off.

Comment

well thats good to hear and thanks for the info guys. I think Im ok though because #1 my overheat alarm has never gone off and #2- I shot my heads with an IR temp gun and was told that 150 F at idle is normal temp for a 115 V4.

Comment

Working...
          X