Saturday 6/11 Fishin with my Grandad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday 6/11 Fishin with my Grandad

Got a chance to take my grandad out for a fishing trip as well as a few buddies that I dont always get to fish with. Everyone kinda wanted to do different things arties, bait, gold, wade. drift east, wade west etc. My buddy that fishes lower west bay & xmas exclusively was hardcore on wading down there. I mentioned the idea to my papa (he's 80) and he said "he would bring his waders" I forwarded that to my buddy and he came apart with laughter and he made the notion to just stay in the boat

After the parking lot that was east bay last Friday, I figured we would just go to the next best parkin lot that is the rocks. Tossed the bean bag in the boat loaded up the papa and buddies and rolled out at 530 from Tiki. Quick stop to get some potlickin goods then back to traveling. The weak tidal flow made for an interesting bite for trip. It would be hot for 5-10 minutes and then back to smacks for 30. The Major was the productive period of day no doubt. Pics tell a good story but we landed and released several bulls. Fish were caught on gulp peeler crabs and shrimp. I might add, those crabs are the deal Ive never used them before but they sure work. I must have caught 4 dozen smacks on silver sprites. Kept a few for my buddy to try his hand in the kitchen with and he also used his tag on an edible sized bull.

All in all great trip lots of fish were caught and hilarious things were said by my gramps. The guys really enjoyed his lack of a filter as did I. He informed me upon gettin back to tiki that he had just had the best ride back from the jetties ever ( he slept in the bean bag the whole way )

Click image for larger version

Name:	248825_556706854372_153101046_31418398_569015_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	569435

Name:	252559_556706994092_153101046_31418400_6801359_n.jpg
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	569434

Name:	248688_556707542992_153101046_31418416_3239574_n.jpg
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	569432

Name:	253516_556734638692_153101046_31418855_2496981_n.jpg
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	569431
    Attached Files
    Andros Tarpon 26

Sweet !!! good fish and always fun with gramps, Im gonna have to remember the bean bag thing
    I dont always drink beer, but when i do , I prefer to be fishing !!!!!

Comment

Oh Yeah. That's a trip I'd have loved to see! Great job!
      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Great job.Congrats on the catch
        Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Gotta love it!
          Whatever it is,good or bad, God knows! Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

Awesome!
            sigpic
            Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

WTG.
              "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Nice Job!

Comment

Good on you...
                  We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Nice. My gramps didn't fish but he sure knew to show up when they were cleaned.

Comment

nice report. elderly ppl are the best when they are uncensored! at least i know my pops is!

Comment

Congrats!
                        They like shiny spoons...

Comment

Nice man!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X