Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aransas Pass June11 -12, 2011

June 11, 2011

What a great day on the water. I had 3 guys from Gatesville Texas area today. We left just before sunrise and found a quite place with out lots of traffic to start fishing. Just a few minutes and one of the guys hooks up a rat redfish. Then a few small trout, and 1 keeper trout. Things are looking good, but here comes the birds (sea gulls)! After loosing to many baits to them, it is time to move on. We head to some deep water reefs, first stop gets us about 10 nice fish, then the bite stops, 2 nd stop nothing. Next stop about 10 more then it stops. Next stop some more, I thought we lacked 6 fish; we ran out of bait and went to gulps. One of the guys that had a tough time catching on live bait, picked up 5 more keepers for us. We had to week through quite a few small speckled trout to get ours, but not to many.
    Thanks guys for a great day on the water and look forward to having you back again.

Click image for larger version

Name:	101_0526 copyweb.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	138.4 KB
ID:	569438

June 12, 2011

I had the pleasure of spending the day with a couple from Taylor, and we had a great time. We started in the flats drifting for trout, but couldn't see the pot holes due to the overcast clouds. Made a long drift and only picked up 1 nice trout. The wind layed a little so we moved down the way and worked the outside of some islands, no luck. Then we moved to some reefs and started picking up a few speckled trout and sand trout, but we were having to cull lots of little trout to find the keepers. After several stops, we decided to move back to the flats and try our luck at redfish. Couple of stops and we picked up 4 nice reds and they decided it was time to head home.
    Thanks folks for a great day and look forward to having you back again.

Click image for larger version

Name:	101_0528 copyweb.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	149.3 KB
ID:	569439

wow,thats alot of fish!
    the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Working...
    X