Port Aransas trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Port Aransas trip

Im heading down there in August for a lil vacation for 5 days at Port Royal. Planning on doing some surf/wade fishing while im there I know the water is more clear than what we have here but do the tactics and baits vary from the ones used here in the Galveston Complex ? Any insight or advice would be appreciated. Thanks

are you gonna have a boat or kayak with you?

Comment

No just my feet

Comment

well, I was going to give you my spots but you need a boat.

Comment

Well hell wish I was gonna have a boat or yak but we are really going for a vacation so I just gonna go to the surf early in the a.m. but thanks alot though!

Comment

take some 51's and 52's

Comment

If wind is up...which is like 99.9% of the time and you got a yak...try here or the East Flats behind Port(I dont have a map..sorry). I've highlighted what I like and where to park. Safest area is by the natural sand boatramp(in orange), but I've parked at the other spots without incedent. I have heard of breakins at the outter spots though(in red). Top waters particurly the pearl skitterwalk work great, soft plastics like red shad under a mansfield mauler work well too. Key on potholes in the flats and guts/channels along islands. The outside is great wading too...I really like the northside and then cast towards the grass line, on a strong South/SE wind it's pretty protected, but get ready for a long paddle back! If tide is up, SS Jr or pearl skitter around the little mangrove looking scrub off the island shoreline is awesome for reds...sometimes it's a tough wade though. You'll hit soft stuff then hard, so be prepared. Good luck...now you got me jonesin to go!
              Attached Files
              Last edited by FlatoutFishin; June 18, 2011, 09:50 AM.
              Don't be a Nancy!
              If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Well crap...nothing I put on that map saved. Give me a couple days and I'll redo it!
                Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

Originally posted by FlatoutFishin View Post
                  Well crap...nothing I put on that map saved. Give me a couple days and I'll redo it!
                  Still, it looks like a great area to do some wading!
                  "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

One of the best i think...inside = potholes and grass for mostly reds and trout, outside = potholes and grass for mostly trout and some reds. Tide gets up...head off the back of the island for tops around mangrove looking scrub bushes for reds. Usually gin clear water too!
                    Short drive from Port A, and with a yak...you can go anywhere in there!
                    Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

Thanks alot guys looks good to me im ready to be down there now!

Comment

Dead Man's Hole (think that is the name). Turn left out of Port Royal and head down 2 miles. You'll see a church w/blue roof. Find a place to park and you can wade in.

Comment

Thanks alot man

Comment

Wilson's Cut is just south of Port Royal on right, walk the right side and fish to your right, if water is down you can wade the channel at the far end and fish the flats south of the cut. 361 between A P and Port A has ton's of spots to fish. East flats at new park off Charlies pasture also good. West side of ferry landing. Good luck and if you need help when you get here give me a call before 8 pm. or I will call you at 3 am.

Comment

Originally posted by captmike View Post
                              Wilson's Cut is just south of Port Royal on right, walk the right side and fish to your right, if water is down you can wade the channel at the far end and fish the flats south of the cut. 361 between A P and Port A has ton's of spots to fish. East flats at new park off Charlies pasture also good. West side of ferry landing. Good luck and if you need help when you get here give me a call before 8 pm. or I will call you at 3 am.
                              Okay thanks alot capt

Comment

Working...
                              X