Hilltops Report 6/11-12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hilltops Report 6/11-12

Headed out this past weekend with the guys from team FrontRunner. Broke the jetties 7pm Saturday night. We made our way out to the swordfish grounds with high hopes and got our first bait in the water around 10 pm. About 30 minutes into our drift, we suddenly lose all power to the electronics, lights and VHF radio...SH!T!!! Over the next few hours we try to diagnose the problem and finally get one of the machines back up around sunrise. Needless to say we gave the sword fishing a half ***** attempt due to the situation. Once the sun came up and we had a GPS back up and running, we had our minds set on the "man in the blue suit" (blue marlin) so off we went. About 30 minutes into the troll we came across a huge school of skipjack with yellowfin in the middle of them tearing their a$s up. Made a pass and hooked into a nice YFT that absolutely crashed one of the flat lines but ended up losing him a few minutes later. Came around another school and we double up landing 2 about 40-50 lbs YFT. Next pass we had a blue marlin come up and slapped the flat line around for a second but never got him to bite. Then as soon as the bait showed up it disappeared. We worked the area for awhile but the action went flat. We did not find any significant weed lines but did manage to catch a few nice dodos on some solid weed patches. Then went and caught a few tiles. Got back to the dock around 7pm. Although we didn't catch the billfish we were hoping for, it was a good trip.

-Robert
    Attached Files
    Last edited by RSN; June 15, 2011, 12:23 AM.

That sounds like it turned out pretty well after all! Nice Feeshes!
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

nice report and pics!

Comment

Very nice!
        sigpic
        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

I hate you guys!!! WTG-fantastic catches again!! I am sooo jealous. I emailed my buddy with the 32'-said we wanna take his boat and Robert and Derek with us-waiting for a response!!
          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

you caught those tiles at the hilltops or out deeper? i thought they were a real deep fish

Comment

Hilltops is deep, it's off the shelf. The depth doesn't really matter, structure and deep ledges is what really matters.

Comment

Video form our trip

Comment

Awesome!
                  They like shiny spoons...

Comment

When can I go?
                    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

any kind of cut bait for those tiles?

Comment

Originally posted by poonchum View Post
                        any kind of cut bait for those tiles?
                        We have caught them on every type of bait that we have tried. We even caught one on a 16in squid that we had dropped trying for daytime swordfish.

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
                          When can I go?
                          Would FWE sponsor the fuel for the trip????

haha jk Coe, I am sure we could put a trip together, forecast sucks for the next two weeks though

Comment

nice catch there Robert

Comment

Take a number Coe-I think yours is 99, mine is 3 and he's calling 2 next!!
                              "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Working...
                              X