Found My Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found My Problem

I have been chasing a gremlin on a 2006 90 yamaha for several months now and 2 day's ago I found my gremlin. The alarm started going off several months ago and so the first time it happened I went a head and changed the water pump. I thought I was good to go but it started happening again but the motor would never act the same way each time the alarm would go off, sometime's it would go to half throttle and sometimes it would stay at full throttle when the alarm came on. I got to thinking about something I had done several months ago and that was, taking the oil tank loose to locate a small oil leak. I got to looking and sure enough, there was the problem. I found a ground wire that was just lying there and should be on the bottom bolt of the oil tank, I screwed up and didn't see it when I installed the tank. By the way, the ground wire was for the oil sensor. I took the boat out yesterday and ran it for about 2 hours without a problem and no alarm. Thought I would just share this story and how a loose ground wire can really screw things up.
    A Little deeper in debt.

It's amazing what a little ground wire will affect. Glad you found it!
    fish caller

Comment

Glad you found it. Bad or dirty grounds are the most common electrical problems that can give you such a headache to find.
      Today is a new day!!

Comment

I'm glad you found it.

Comment

It's always the little things!
          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Glad it was just the ground!!
            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

I know how frustrating that can be! Congrats!
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X