Yak Stabilizers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yak Stabilizers

So I got that yak I posted about last week to use primarily in the surf...will not need it in the bay. Before loading up with equiptment to fish I took her in a tougher than usual surf I would go in just to get used to her. After getting soaked and tossed around (though it was fun) it got me to thinking about stabilizers and wondered if anyone on here used them or had suggestions. I would think for the surf they would be great but wanted yalls input...

thanks
    sigpic

I don't know what you got....but the only time you would normally worry about needing stabilizers is paddling into the breakers and one doesn"t have any business doing that in a bad surf in my opinion . Why fish a trashed surf unless you are bull red fishing ? I've had no problem going in or out in se 5-10 mph . I wouldn't want stabilizers in my way . But , i do have a rudder which i wouldn't be without . I would invest in a rudder instead of stabilizers . Man , you really manuever so much easier and better with a rudder...highly recommemded .
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
    X