6-10-2011 slp bayside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6-10-2011 slp bayside

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14070[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14069[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14068[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14067[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14066[/ATTACH]

this is a late report...my computer has not been working . I was to meet up with key lime kayaker to fish the surf early , then i was to take the kayak to the bayside of slp to fish the rest of the day . The surf was too rough so i launched early near the toll booth . The tide was up and still coming in until around 1 pm . Se 12-15 mph wind , 3 foot visibility , beautiful water , hot and dry .
    Attached Files
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

CONTINUED

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP2079.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	554431Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP2080.JPG
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	554430Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP2081.JPG
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	554429Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP2084.JPG
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	554428Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP2086.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	554427Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP2087.JPG
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	554426

WELL , I'm SCREWING UP MY ATTACHMENTS...BEEN TOO LONG . ANYWAY , KEY LIME KAYAKER CAUGHT UP WITH ME AND ASKED TO CAST MY NEW NEVER USED REEL HE BOUGHT ME . OF COURSE HE IMMEDIATELY GOT THE BACKLASH FROM HELL AND HAD TO STRIP OFF ALL THE LINE AND RESPOOL FOR ME ALL THE WHILE APPOLOGIZING PROFUSELY . HE FELT REALLY BAD , ESPECIALLY AS HUNDREDS OF GULLS AND PELICANS WERE CRASHING INTO THE FIRST GUT . ALL THE WHILE HE WAS MUMBLING ABOUT HOW HE CAN'T HEAR OR SEE ANYMORE....BUY SOME GLASSES .
    Attached Files
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Great pics! Thanks for posting
      sigpic

Comment

CONTINUED

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14091[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14090[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14089[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14088[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14087[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14086[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14085[/ATTACH]

there were waders and kayakers and huge pods of mullet . The 4 th picture shows 1/4 size shad ( ? ) jumping out of the water . I thought it was sprinkling rain , it sounded just like that . There was too much bait...my various lures i tried were lost in the maylee of feeding fish . The only response i got was a few quick slashes on a big , loud topwater...no hookups .
        Attached Files

Comment

CONTINUED

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14094[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14093[/ATTACH]

i moved onto the flats and fished some shallower guts running into the main gut as in the first picture . Some slicks as in the second picture popped up . I was looking to get away from the larger pods of bait .
          Attached Files

Comment

CONTINUED

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14095[/ATTACH]

no snickers and cheese and crackers for the over weight plugger for lunch !!

Comment

CONTINUED

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14096[/ATTACH]

fishing a secondary gut for flounder , i landed this 14 incher .

Comment

CONTINUED

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14101[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14100[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14099[/ATTACH]

i anchored my kayak in 2 foot of water on a sand bar where the main gut and a secondary gut met and fished the point on foot . A heavy cast champ gold spoon finally proofed to be the ticket and i caught 4 trout and a black drum in fairly quick order .
                Attached Files

Comment

Love those Gulp chart curly tails! I've still got the two you gave me.
                  Nice looking lunch!
                  "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

CONTINUED

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14106[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14105[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14104[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14103[/ATTACH]

here's landing my 4 th trout .
                    Attached Files

Comment

CONTINUED

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14110[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14109[/ATTACH]

i felt some prolonged tension on my line and set the hook on this 15 inch flounder . Flounder will sometimes pounce on prey to stun it before eating it...case in point with this belly hook up .
                      Attached Files

Comment

END

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14111[/ATTACH]

the plugger , looking the fishing future bravely in the face . Or , the plugger , idiot , you couldn not find your sunblock and you have third degree burns , put on your sunglasses and don't stare at the sun , you'll get skin cancer and throat cancer from those cigars !!
                        By 4:30 pm the tide was going out and mucking up the water and the feeding turned off . I was worn out and burned , so headed back in and got loaded up and left at 5:30 pm . A good day .

Comment

The trout were 18-19 inches . 2 flounder , 4 trout , and a 15 inch black drum....i haven't had fish in a long time . All eaten by now .

Comment

Originally posted by curmudgeon View Post
                            love those gulp chart curly tails! I've still got the two you gave me.
                            Nice looking lunch!
                            you haven't used them !? They don't catch fish while in the bag . Or , are you keeping them as a momento of our outing ? Want me to autograph them for you ? Har !

Comment

Originally posted by plugger View Post
                              you haven't used them !? They don't catch fish while in the bag . Or , are you keeping them as a momento of our outing ? Want me to autograph them for you ? Har !
                              Well, since you asked..! Har!
                              I actuall have used them several times. They just keep getting shorter and shorter!
                              "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Working...
                              X