Learned somethin new on my boat yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Learned somethin new on my boat yesterday

Me Dad and unfortunatley my bro in law went wading yesterday, on our way down the icw my boat just dies sends us scattered all over the boat and me wondering wth? go to start it and it cranks right up, but i noticed the key was in the off position when i started it, no biggy keep on going . The next move it happened again!!! same thing key all the way off, started right back up, i was gettin pretty pissed because that whole kill switch ignition setup is brand new!! about ten we r headed back in to the dike, and in the middle of the ship channel IT HAPPENS AGAIN!!!!! I was fuming at this point, we get back to the dock and while I am waiting on my pops to back in the trailer i see my bro in law turn around and lean his hips out a little bit and he hits the key, I start thinkin back through the day and realized he was standing next to it every time it happened !!!! when questioned he insist that he never touched it even when i just saw him do it

So i learned: 1. concoles hurt when they stop you from moving when ur boat shuts off.
    2. ice chest full of beer will slide eighteen feet at a very fast rate and bust open spilling the contents.
    3. Never let the bro in law stand on the right side of console, make him stay sitting on the livewell and convince him his only purpose in life is to get you and your dad a shrimp when necessary.
    I dont always drink beer, but when i do , I prefer to be fishing !!!!!

Oh my!! At least you found out what was causing it, before taking it somewhere. That would have made you even irritated!

Comment

LOL! Great list and no kidding about the console hurting on impact. Check out the tie downs if you need some for the cooler. A friend just had surgery after falling off of a cooler that was not tied down.
      Kennedy Products designs low-profile stainless cooler tie downs and straps for securing coolers, bait wells, chairs, casting platforms, and other gear to the deck of a boat.

Comment

#2 brings back some memories as does the part about losing all good in the middle of the ship channel. Glad yall got it up and goin again. Losing power in the ship channel has a good amount of pucker factor
        Andros Tarpon 26

Comment

what kind of boat do you have that slows down that fast it slams you into the console?

Comment

A Brother -in- Law equipped boat....its an optional feature
            Andros Tarpon 26

Comment

Hilarious
              sigpic

Comment

Any boat will do it gibby not the same as a riding mower when it runs outta gas!!guey
                MANVEL MOB

Comment

That is some funny chit!
                  "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

been there done that....the few times that i shoulda been wearing my kill switch and wasn't...I had GHS (6'7ft tall) would be on my kill switch side and he would constantly hit my key and shut the boat down....His gf did it two weeks ago....i can see they are perfect for each other......wear your kill switches tho fellas!!!
                    Don't follow my boat......I don't catch fish......

Comment

the ice chest stays under my back casting deck so ill have to figure something out cause that thing was hauli azz!!! didnt help that the floor was wet from dripping wade fishermen lol

Comment

I suggest another reason for him to sit. I kept telling my 6'5" buddy to sit down when running-he not only was blocking my vision, but I was afraid he'd grab the windshield (it has a burn bar or rail around it) and bust it. Since he was as big as GHSmacker, I couldn't foirce him to sit. I flew a ship wake-went airborne and sure enough he broke my windshield. I didn't need to say anything after that since it cut his wrist pretty good (not enough to bleed out, just a real good scrape/cut). He sat down after that and never stood up again!! I was able to grind down the rough edge and it made a little window between windshield and rail!
                        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

thanks to my cousin a few months ago, i currently dont have a windshield lol, he slipped while were anchored up and put his elbow through it, hes about six one 220#

Comment

Originally posted by Reef Drifter View Post
                            thanks to my cousin a few months ago, i currently dont have a windshield lol, he slipped while were anchored up and put his elbow through it, hes about six one 220#
                            Had an ex-friend manage to take out another friend's windshield the same way....all before we got the boat outta the sling but that was just the tip of the iceberg...talk about an expensive fishin trip
                            Andros Tarpon 26

Comment

Working...
                            X