• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recon Saturday @ 16:00hrs

Its toast!

Wind howling from NW at least 20+.
    Bay water the color of mud.
    White capping bad.

Was thinking about going in the morning.
    The Moonpie instead gonna stay home and hide under the covers.
    West End Anglers - You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Yeah I think this would be a good day to clean reels, gear ect.. My dad was thinking about going today and I told him not to bother.

Comment

Sounds like the perfect day to be lazy
      "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Just got back from another recon down to SLP.

Water looks a LOT better today.
        Winds have changed back to SE < 5knots.
        Bay mostly flat.
        Drum and west end of X-mas still dirty.
        East end greening up.

Green water near beach.
        Tide is out @ 2pm. That means it should come back in about dark.

Time for a big light trip!
        West End Anglers - You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up Moonpie.

I might make a week day trip down there this week before Chilifest.
          "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

You shoulda come by. We had the flag flying Bro!
            From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Thank for the report Moonpie, you ever plan on taking a fishing rod with you on your recons? Its been a while since I seen you with a fishing pic! I guess its time you go out in the blackjack again for some heavy trout action

AQUA PIMP
              AQUA PIMP......
              "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Sunday morning was great. 007 and I headed out from Blockade Runners and finally found some fishable colored water in the back of Bastrop and the fish were there, but the bite was slow. We ended up with two trout to 20" and one red at 20.5" and we were both broke off once each. We really didn't fish that long as other things were on the agenda for the day. I believe we could have boxed a lot more if we would have had longer to fish. All hit came on Calcasieu Brew Bass Assassins bounced at a medium speed.
                Last edited by bountyhunter; March 30, 2009, 08:45 AM.
                Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

Originally posted by bountyhunter View Post
                  Sunday morning was great. 007 and I headed out from Blockade Runners and finally found some fishable colored water in the back of Bastrop and the fish were there, but the bite was slow. We ended up with two trout to 20" and one red at 20.5" and we were both broke off once each. We really didn't fish that long as other things were on the agenda for the day. I believe we could have boxed a lot more if we would have had longer to fish. All hit came on Calcasieu Brew Bass Assassins bounced at a medium speed.
                  Yep. We could have caught a few more for sure. The water got better as the day went on.
                  I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Working...
                  X