Freshwater question - kayaking columbus, tx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freshwater question - kayaking columbus, tx

Has anyone ever kayaked the Colorado River trail in Columbus? If so, how was the fishing and can you even get in the water there?

I know the deer are thick there it would most likely be an awesome ride!
    MANVEL MOB

Comment

I never yakked it up there, but I used to canoe that area a bunch 30 some odd years ago. Great area for paddling. I didn't fish back then, but I'd imagine ther would be a few hungry fishes in those muddy waters.
      Check this map for put ins.
      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

OK. Forget the map I sent.
        I've got some friends up there. I'll see what they say.

Comment

OK. Talked to my buddy and he said the canoe trails are great. You should be able to look up all the info you need on TP&W website. He also said Frank's Livery service in Columbus is great and will drop you off & pick you up wherever you'd like. He did mention that you might want to follow a Link on the TPW site to the LCRA that can show you the water levels of the river in that area. He did say they'd gotten a boatload of rain up river today so it should be pretty nice.

Comment

Yeah, I was driving back to Houston from San Antone the weekend before last and drove down to the river. It looks like a great paddle and possibly some decent fishing (even though I'm not that big into bass fishing). I found this pretty cool spot near the Business 71 Put-in spot. Right when you turn on the street that goes down to the boat ramp by the 71 bridge there is a little white sign that says something about Fish and Camp. You leave a dollar in a box (honor system) and go have fun. I drove around the place for a little bit. It's just a little ranch on the river. I tried finding the owner to ask him about the place but didn't see anyone.

Comment

Working...
            X