GSC 3/28/09 - Big Uglies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSC 3/28/09 - Big Uglies

Redfish Rob, Beach Bum Bailey, Blackbeard & I went out to our honey hole for Black Drum. Boat ran great, tough conditions yesterday. We arrived a tad late at the GYB and we were pressed for time to make the tide change. We launched and headed out around 10AM. After 30min we had our first hookup. I caught a nice 39" Black Drum that went a good 34lbs. Redfish Rob had a nice hookup and also boated a 38" Black Drum. Most of the action was during the outgoing tide once it went slack fishing dropped off. We spent some time rocking and rolling having some beers . Bailey had a good hookup but somehow the braid got cut down in the rocks. I had to get back to Houston so we called it but good to get some slime back on the Robalo
    Attached Files
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Nice work
    "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Nice going guys. I have never caught one of those, so I am going to have to give it a try sometime soon!
      sigpic
      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Its a fun fight Chip they make a couple of good runs put a good amount of weight on the rod but give up soon after until they see the boat then they can get there 2nd wind

Comment

that was my first!!!!!!!!! yea
          Free advice for cold beer !

Comment

Nice catching.Congrats
            NK
            Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Great pics and report Coe. I'm guessing you're entered in the FWE!!!! Ha Ha.
              "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Yah but I doubt it will place... That's okay it was fun getting out!

Comment

Nice, ya'll good for those conditions.

Comment

Great job guys... I might get one more chance to look for that 50 incher before Sunday. I'm glad the color is orange... Burnt Orange is my color.. It may be just the luck I need...

See ya on the water...
                    "Buy a Fish, Feed Yourself... Buy a Fishing License, Feed a Whole Community..."
                    "The Fish You Catch, Tastes Better, than the One You Bought..."

Comment

Working...
                    X