Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just joined and see a few I know!

Howdy!
    A couple folks I know from other forums told me about this one and nice to see something all about gigging, one of my favorite saltwater fish night time adventures since 1965 when my dad first took me out along the Galveston Causeway.

Many things have changed since that time, from loss of areas from numerous tropical storms and hurricanes to bag limits and size limits.

Glad to be a member and hope to offer information, suggestions and also learn from the other members. Oh, by the way, I gig flounders with a single pronged gig and only in the head...my dad and grandfather taught me that way because they didn't see the need to gig them in body and mess up flesh with sand, mud and shell which has to be cut out then.

Hi ya 2112 (Bert) and Paul!

Let the gigging, stories and questions begin.

welcome !!
    I dont always drink beer, but when i do , I prefer to be fishing !!!!!

Comment

welcome, I use a double prong & hit them in them behind the eyes. I prefer for them not to spin once gigged.
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Welcome
        10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

welcome to the site!

Comment

Welcome! Posting pics of body-gigged flounder is a badge of shame

BTW, body-speared fish are OK, they are moving and harder to hit

Comment

Great to have you!
              "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Welcome Aboard
                Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Breambuster, very good to see you made it here!
                  We need to get together for a gig trip and let you check out my fan boat. The walking trips are always primal and good, no denying that but the fan boat will spoil you.
                  Sean and I are good friends but he doesn't post much. He lives in Dallas but he usually flys to Houston 2-3 times each summer and we go gigging. He has such a keen eye that I always let him play captain in my rig. He had to sell his fan boat when he moved from Florida to Oregon so you know he gets a hard-on when I let him operate my boat but
                  that's cool with me because sometimes it's cool to just relax and not worry about trying to control the boat and gig all at the same time.
                  Anyway Chris... It's good to see ya here.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
                  Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

Welcome aboard
                    sigpic
                    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Thanks everybody! Great welcome and makes a person feel good!

Comment

Welcome aboard looking forward to ready your reports.
                        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Working...
                        X