Grand Isle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Isle

Well im headed out the door right now !!!!!!!! Got me a room at Rickey's motel so we have a pier to fish all night then the surf in the am. . Will be hitting the surf this afternoon it looks kinda sporty the bouy is at 1.6 will have report later !!!!!
    10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Good luck Deano!The fish in west bay are in trouble because the corndog is on'em!Iended up with a 23 and sum red ona spinner in the am.
    I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Well first off , Coach law’s country is awesome I have been down to Grand Isle “Elmer’s Island” every weekend since coming back to N.O.L.A. and caught fish !!!!! When we arrived Saturday evening the buoy was at 1.6 and the waves showed it so we drove down to the pass and did some fishing and struck out.
      This am started slow for me and my friend Brad the waves were still up so no beach fishing, I was kind of aggravated so we started were we left off in the pass. They have a rock barrier in the back of the pass that protects a lagoon I was eyeballing the water on the other side Saturday night. Well I had enough and I’m trying to find some fish cause my friend Brad Wells is a bet maker and the stakes were high. See every time I take Brad fishing before you ever hit the water you hear “Ok Dean 10 on big fish and 5 on the most “and I always say yes. Well today he came out with a 50 spot on big boy and 20 spot on stringer.
      The third time I glanced back over the rocks and in to the big lagoon that was it I had to find fish ,Sneeky has always taught me structure ,structure ,structure” Dean-o ,Grass ,drop off’s ,shell ,reefs ,mud”. So over the rocks and into the lagoon I went. I waded out tell I got to waist high water and felt a drop of about 7 inches so I backed up and and casted down the drop of . About the tenth cast I see bam and my Garry Coleman goes air born and I pause and wait for the fish to do the come back and drill it after wounding it and bam fish on ! I hear from behind me Big Brad “Dean you got one “I just smiled not knowing he had followed me over the rocks. Brad slid in and we fished that drop off about two hours and I kid you naught every cast I had blow ups and half of them were fish on. I managed to string ten trout from 13 to 17 and I released probably 15 fish and Brad 0, Brad was fishing a skitter walk and was tripping out on me and I told him switch to Gary boy!, and he put a couple on the stringer .
      Well we had to get back to the room to get our stuff out by 11 and head back to the beach .Walking out of the lagoon we saw the beach had laid down and was fishable and clean ,we were at the truck and Brad said” look at them birds” I got out to them and landed a 18 incher on first cast and hollered back bring my stringer ,I had the fish in my hands waiting on the string and casted back under the birds and had another one never before have I had a fish in my hands and one on the topwater at the same time! Brad made it out and started catching also so much he is getting a nice string to.
      We got back to the beach and it was on again accept I found the bigger fish this time right behind the break of the waves behind the second sand bar and I only need 8 more tell Limit and I got them . brad stayed tell he got his limit also !
      Ok FOF Sorry I can keep trout over 12 inches her in Louisiana ,but back home you are the man at the pass ,Reeltime thanks for the good luck post without that it might not have worked out . Sneeky get your butt back on the board it’s been a while since you have posted, Coachlaw when are we going to your camp her in LA.? Brahma how’s the golf game? WEA. Thanks for the site. ALL YOU OTHER FWE’enders can’t wait to fish with yall.
      Attached Files

Comment

Sounds like good times for sure, nice work!

Comment

That is a great report Deano! I am jealous!

Comment

Milk jug ,I see alot of ohhshore boats at the places i stay down there and think man Jug could be spearing with them !

Comment

Originally posted by mjh View Post
              That is a great report Deano! I am jealous!
              Come on down one weekend Mike ,I didn't know the waters im fishing and from all my experience I found the fish.

Comment

I wished I could but will be in galveston this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by mjh View Post
                  I wished I could but will be in galveston this weekend.
                  I will be here in LA. a while so check into it !

Comment

Man good Job Deano looks like lots of fun...
                    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Great report
                      MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by Hogie70 View Post
                        Man good Job Deano looks like lots of fun...
                        It was fun Hogie, I seem to do better when the fish only have to be 12 inches ,LOL

Comment

Originally posted by lurefisher View Post
                          It was fun Hogie, I seem to do better when the fish only have to be 12 inches ,LOL
                          10-4 no throwbacks fo sho LMAO
                          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Awesome job. I can't wait to start catchting!!

Comment

Heck Yeah! Way to go Deano! Those are some fine looking stringers. Ya'll have a blast up there!
                              "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Working...
                              X