New to gigging need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to gigging need help

I am new to gigging went years ago when I was a kid in Texas city. Went again last weekend mosquito island the wind was way too high and ended up crabbing more than anything. I know there are better spots but I have no clue where to start. Would like some help on some walk in spots. Not wanting any secrets just a clue.

Also working on a new light will post the details once complete. I used the Academy light it's OK but my own design should be cheaper and brighter.

If water clarity ( or lack there of ) is driven by wind conditions, find a protected shorline.

Another thing some people overlook is bait. They think just because you have clear water, a light and it's night time you will find flounder. Find bait on a protected shoreline and keep your eyes peeled. Tide also matters, sometimes low is the key sometimes high triggers them to move up in to giggable water ( following bait ) . Main thing is to get out there and start learning. Some of my best nights have been when conditions were horrible.

Comment

x2 bad conditions over Memorial Day put 13 flounder in my cooler over 3 days find protected shoreline, you have to see the bottom to gig them.

Not too many people will give you spots. Just walk in somewhere & get after it. Honey holes are a well kept secret.
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Working...
      X