Far West for fish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Far West for fish

I fished the far west end of Matagorda bay yesertday with two fellow anglers.We had 9 rubber lips and 2 trout to 5lbs.We fished shallow grass and sand flats shadowing bait and pelicans.Most all fish came dark plastics and corky devil.

good job rick!! you fishing a little flat that i'm familiar with??
    michelle

Comment

Originally posted by michelle View Post
      good job rick!! you fishing a little flat that i'm familiar with??
      michelle
      Michelle, I was a little further west than where you and I fished last week.I looked at your spot,but the water was low and dirty.I was fishing behind a ridge of sand that extends about a mile parallel to the shoreline.The fish were stacked in the gut about knee to thigh deep.I missed a really big trout maybe 7-8 lbs.She swirled on a pink skitter walker and then I changed to a chartreause corky devil and she came completely out of the water and missed that lure.I couldn't get her to make another showing.I had a trout that went 5lbs and missed a top water then inhaled a corky devil and had a 10 inch mullet lodged in her throat with just the tail sticking out.....talk about gorge...I'm sorry I couldn't release her I had her in the gills with the lure and she was bleeding badly.

Comment

Good stuff, thanks for the report
        "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Great Report.......I can't wait to make my second trip to Matty....My first was a blowout.
          sigpic
          Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Originally posted by Sneekypete View Post
            Michelle, I was a little further west than where you and I fished last week.I looked at your spot,but the water was low and dirty.I was fishing behind a ridge of sand that extends about a mile parallel to the shoreline.The fish were stacked in the gut about knee to thigh deep.I missed a really big trout maybe 7-8 lbs.She swirled on a pink skitter walker and then I changed to a chartreause corky devil and she came completely out of the water and missed that lure.I couldn't get her to make another showing.I had a trout that went 5lbs and missed a top water then inhaled a corky devil and had a 10 inch mullet lodged in her throat with just the tail sticking out.....talk about gorge...I'm sorry I couldn't release her I had her in the gills with the lure and she was bleeding badly.
            good work rick
            MANVEL MOB

Comment

Sweet! Thanks for the report.
              Don't be a Nancy!
              If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

GO coach
                10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

when you leaving rick?
                  MANVEL MOB

Comment

Working...
                  X