Finding pressure leak in fuel line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding pressure leak in fuel line

My squeeze bulb used to occassionally compress (Triton with Merc 50, onboard gas tank), and when I disconnected the vent tube from the filler, it seems to have gotten much better, BUT....the line still doesn't seem to hold pressure. Do you know of any good ways to test the connectors on each end of the fuel line?

Thanks!
    Team Rolling Thunder

Does the bulb colapse/suck in when running? Is the bulb not holding pressure? Sounds like you have a restriction in your supply line from your fuel tank to your primer bulb. How old is the boat? Do you have a water seperator/fuel filter on it?
    Today is a new day!!

Comment

Cut about 2-3" of line off each end at the connections and reconnect, if still not pumping up, replace bulb-if still not pumping up, replace lines.
      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Yes, while running. It has totally collapsed only once or twice, but the bulb does not hold pressure while running. The boat is a 2009, but new...just bought it in December. There is no fuel filter on it.
        Team Rolling Thunder

Comment

Thanks!
          Team Rolling Thunder

Comment

Problem solved. I had to "take apart" the boat and discovered that the gas tank had been installed on top of the gas line, crimping it severely. Gas tank moved and all is well. Thanks for the help folks.
            Team Rolling Thunder

Comment

Working...
            X